Random Thought/Question About OSH Arrivals

HighFlyingA380

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Jim F.
So I hear all the talk about arriving at OSH VFR via the tracks from RIPON to FISK, but what if it's IMC? I'm assuming it reverts to standard Class D IFR ops?

I did some searching but could only find info regarding IFR departures...

Last edited:
Re: Random Thought/Question About OSH

So I hear all the talk about arriving at OSH VFR via the tracks from RIPON to FISK, but what if it's IMC? I'm assuming it reverts to standard Class D IFR ops?

Oshkosh doesn't GO IFR. Oshkosh IFR special VFR 1 mile visibility is half a mile in one direction and half a mile in the other direction. Ceiling? WHat Ceiling?

Jim

Oshkosh doesn't GO IFR. Oshkosh IFR special VFR 1 mile visibility is half a mile in one direction and half a mile in the other direction. Ceiling? WHat Ceiling?

Jim
So if a storm moves in and it's down to minimums, I wouldn't be able to get in with the standard 200/1800 as I would on the other 51 weeks of the year? That doesn't seem fair...

Ps, I'm not going, just a random thought that's been swirling around.

The only real change during AirVenture for IFR arrivals is the reservation requirement.

So if a storm moves in and it's down to minimums, I wouldn't be able to get in with the standard 200/1800 as I would on the other 51 weeks of the year? That doesn't seem fair...

He was being facetious.

It's been MVFR off and on all day .no problem of course where two days away.

Back