Random question of the day...

PrincessPilotNJ

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
WATXNJMA
What kind of taxes does an Intermodal Freight Transportation company have to pay?

Payroll taxes, fuel taxes, income taxes just to name 3

In addition, while in the trucking mode, they'll typically owe "road taxes" (Highway Use Tax). The ships typically pay port taxes.

What kind of taxes does an Intermodal Freight Transportation company have to pay?

Depends on which type of Intermodal Transport(marine, rail air, etc.) Princess, but generally speaking, Federal Taxes on it's worldwide income. Also, State and Local Taxes where the said company is located.

However, as a result of Income Tax Treaties between the U.S. Gov't and foreign countires, the said company may receive foreign tax credit for all or a portion of the foreign tax paid in other counties on that same income.

The nature of the question is a little too broad to answer. "Intermodal Transportation" refers to pretty much everything, so your question is really "what kind of taxes do truck, rail, ocean and airplane transport companies pay?" The answer is a lot of them and they vary by where the company operates, sometimes down to regions, individual states or facilities. For example, there is (was?) anti-mafia legislation that levies an additional tax on trucking which is initiated within a 50 mile radius of New York City in response to mafia control of the trucking industry in that area.

Is there a specific sector that you're interested in? I doubt anyone here can answer the question comprehensively, if you really need the information you'll need to pay someone - lawyer or CPA probably. Maybe both.

No taxes, Bernie and Hillary tell me corporations pay no taxes, you are good to go.

As a self employed truck driver I have to pay, self employment tax,federal heavy use tax, fuel tax(fedral and state and local) , IFTA tax for evey mile I drive in a state( that tax can be off set with fuel purchased in the state) F.E.T on almost everything I buy from tires to trucks and trailers, registration on truck and trailer (not officially a "tax" but it's still a tax to me). I'm sure there is more but that's all i can think of.

You guys completely forgot the rural broadband tax on all of the company cell phones, and sales tax on all toilet paper purchased for the office.

Sheesh. You're slipping. :)

Back