Ram Has To Buy My Truck Back

Geico266

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Geico
How about that! I hit the jack pot! I have a 2011 Dodgr Ram truck that Fiat Chrysler has been ordered by the government to buy back from the owners for slow response to recalls. :happydance:

This is the second "lemon" they have had to buy back from me. $$$$ :yes:

I get to go truck shopping! :rolleyes2:

Last edited:
How about that! I hit the jack pot! I have a truck that Fiat Chrysler has been ordered to buy back from the owners for slow response to recalls. :happydance:

This is the second " lemon" they have had to buy back from me. $$$$ :yes:

Perhaps a Tundra might be a better option? Granted, you'll probably have to drive it into the ground and miss out on all the car-shopping fun. But hey, I think the sacrifice will be worth it. ;)

How about that! I hit the jack pot! I have a truck that Fiat Chrysler has been ordered to buy back from the owners for slow response to recalls. :happydance:

How do you find out? My Ram is in that year range...

How about that! I hit the jack pot! I have a 2011 Dodgr Ram truck that Fiat Chrysler has been ordered by the government to buy back from the owners for slow response to recalls. :happydance:

Buyback is one thing....

Getting Fiat /Chrysler to actually cut you a check is entirely another matter...

Ps... I LOVE my Toyota Tundra...:D:yes:

I swore off Chrysler products long ago...and I was buying them at employee discount prices (green sheet). Still couldn't afford repairing that junk and junk it was/is.

I am not sure how owning 2 lemons would ever be a good thing...

I had two Dodge Ram trucks. A 1977 and a 1983. Bought them both new, and drive them until they started to leave pieces alongside the road.

When it was time to buy a third one, the product was so crappy, I changed to Chevy, and drove them until they became government owned, at which time I switched to Toyota and have never been happier.

I've got a 2002 Dakota and have not had a single major issue with it. I think the only things that have been replaced are the tires, spark plugs and thermostat! It's pretty basic with manual windows, locks, and transmission but that's what I like about it!

So how much does Ram have to buy your truck back for? Is it just blue book value?

I've got a 2002 Dakota and have not had a single major issue with it. I think the only things that have been replaced are the tires, spark plugs and thermostat! It's pretty basic with manual windows, locks, and transmission but that's what I like about it!

So how much does Ram have to buy your truck back for? Is it just blue book value?

Yes, plus they will give incentives on buying a new truck. I have had zero problems with my Dodge trucks. I have a 99 diesel in the barn with 300,000 miles on it I will drive until I find a new one. I like the new Ram 1500 with the Ecodiesel. 26mph is nice.

Perhaps a Tundra might be a better option? Granted, you'll probably have to drive it into the ground and miss out on all the car-shopping fun. But hey, I think the sacrifice will be worth it. ;)
I bought a GMC Canyon. I love everything about it, except that I keep getting emails telling how many miles I have on it and what my tire pressure is.

Have a 2000 Durango with 242k and a 2001 Ram 1500 with 180k. Very few issues(the Ram dash went to hell just like all of them. I think reliability went downhill in 07-ish. Haven't heard anything good from them since about then.

Buying a used truck now, and looking at the Ford F250 with V10. Getting great reviews unlike the new 6L Diesel which is getting hammered in the media.

He who does not learn from the past, is bound to repeat it. Are you going to buy a third one of the same kind!?

Loved my old 02 Dodge diesel, kid still drives it with 200K on it, love my new Duramax/Allison even more.....

I have $3k in the suspension, $3k in the wheels and $5k in the motor. Not too excited about some BS wholesale trade in value at this point.

He who does not learn from the past, is bound to repeat it. Are you going to buy a third one of the same kind!?

When you have lemons you can make lemonade. You have the car company by the balls when they the government declairs it a lemon.

Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy, you see this as a bad thing. I see it as a golden opportunity to get a new vehicle at below wholesale.

Last edited:
Loved my old 02 Dodge diesel, kid still drives it with 200K on it, love my new Duramax/Allison even more.....

I have a 2005 D/A. It will last me another 10 years. Only problem I had was a rear axle seal went out 3 months after the warranty expired. GM fixed me right up on their nickel.

Biggest problem I have with it is finding something to pull that makes it work.

Should be interesting to see where they set the price for the buy back.dont see a major corporation paying the true value.

I'm gonna wait until some of the buy-backs are on dealer used lots. Hope they want to move them at a discount.

BTW, in case you don't know - almost all states have a requirement that a used car buy back has to be identified as such by the dealer. It's part of the lemon law, however in this special case, not sure if it would apply.

Should be interesting to see where they set the price for the buy back.dont see a major corporation paying the true value.

They have to pay fair market value, the NTSB mandated the buy back. In my other lemon deal the price was more than fair. I just printed out the current NADA prices for my truck and they will pay top $.

Last edited:
Ram older stuff is SOLID...new stuff is crap.

Had a '98 1500 and sold it with 210,000 miles. Zero...and I mean ZERO problems and as rock solid of as truck that you could find.

Bought a '05 and was less impressed but I was still a loyal Ram fan.

Drove the '05 into the ground and got an '07. Total POS that had nothing but problems and was all plastic and not at all contractor grade. Total soccer mom/weekend warrior truck. Blew up the transmission at 97,000 towing my boat.

Now in a '10 Chevy 2500 Silverado and never looking back at Ram.

My next truck will be a Chevy.

Last edited:
I'm gonna wait until some of the buy-backs are on dealer used lots. Hope they want to move them at a discount.

BTW, in case you don't know - almost all states have a requirement that a used car buy back has to be identified as such by the dealer. It's part of the lemon law, however in this special case, not sure if it would apply.

Will certainly apply in Texas...

Ram older stuff is SOLID...new stuff is crap.

Had a '98 1500 and sold it with 210,000 miles. Zero...and I mean ZERO problems and as rock solid of as truck that you could find.

Bought a '05 and was less impressed but I was still a loyal Ram fan.

Drove the '05 into the ground and got an '07. Total POS that had nothing but problems and was all plastic and not at all contractor grade. Total soccer mom/weekend warrior truck. Blew up the transmission at 97,000 towing my boat.

Now in a '10 Chevy 2500 Silverado and never looking back at Ram.

My next truck will be a Chevy.

I like my Suburban, but at 170,000 miles, still pretty much new.

My contractor clients with Dodge trucks still seem to like 'em...

When my 99 Ford F-350 Diesel 4X4 was declared a lemon California would not allow it to be re sold. Is was donated to a local High School auto shop.

Funny thing happened at the mediation hearing. Ford said I was pulling a trailer that caused my 2 failed transfer cases and 3 failed rear ends in 8000 miles. They had followed me and actually took a picture. The 4 people on the board asked for my response, it took a few minuets for me to stop laughing before I told them the race car on the trailer is called a Dwarf Car, it weighs 1010 LBS. The four spare rims and tires weight around 25 LBS each and the open two axel trailer weighed 1600 LBS when I built it. I then turned to the Ford reps and asked them "is this over working a 1 ton truck, I want it on record". A break was asked for by them and after the break they told the panel they would call it a lemon and take it back. They never did answer my question.

Last edited:
When you have lemons you can make lemonade. You have the car company by the balls when they the government declairs it a lemon.

Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy, you see this as a bad thing. I see it as a golden opportunity to get a new vehicle at below wholesale.

You simply have the chance to buy another pile of junk. Chrysler should have tapped out. They did a lot of damage to Mercedes when they were involved. Compared to the quality of say, toyota, it's not worth a discussion.

How does that work? They buy back the truck for NADA value and you have to buy a new truck or keep the money and pay taxes or do you have to do a like kind exchange?

Since you paid taxes on the truck, my brain's telling me you could spend the cash on hookers and blow and not have to pay taxes again if you didn't need a truck anymore ... ;)

Just curious. I can't live without a truck even if I hated trucks. F350 P/S 2WD single wheel axle here. It's got the camper package which ups the roll bar diameters and I love the way that makes it handle. It drives like a sportier truck unloaded around corners. There's no roll.

Last edited:
The way it was explained to me was the owner can have the vehicle fixed and keep it or trade it in for market value. I may have not got the correct info but it came from a neighbor that sells Sodge and has been at the same dealer 20 years.

Chrysler is having a helluva a run. A 1.4M car recall for this little trick

http://www.wired.com/2015/07/hackers-remotely-kill-jeep-highway/

It's not just Chrysler, all the car companies are doing this crap. Here's an idea... super novel I know... keep the damn cars offline!! Does anybody really need to have their car be a "hot spot"???!!! Do our cars really need to send us email reminders?? Does the factory really need to track us everywhere we go???

Seriously, I see no upside to having my car be online.

I like the new Ram 1500 with the Ecodiesel. 26mph is nice.

Might want to look into the warranty issues on that one. LOTS of people waiting for replacement engines for months because FiChry won't pull them off the assembly line. Those engines have been plagued with first year development issues.

Why would Fiat buy Chrysler...:dunno: It makes no sense. More sense than Mercedes, but still not enough.

Why would Fiat buy Chrysler...:dunno: It makes no sense. More sense than Mercedes, but still not enough.

My guess is the network to distribute their predominately european lines. It's instant market share. Locally two of the Chrysler dealerships are now 'Chrysler/Fiat/Maserati/Ferrari' dealerships...

Back