Rage quitting, aerial survey style

US plane taking off and landing at a US airport but most of the surveying is over Canada.

What would that be for? Doesn't appear to be over forest so probably not for trees.

And almost every track crossed the border. If you're talking to ATC, you wouldn't be switching between controllers every time you cross the border, right?

From experience if you're doing work near the border it's much easier from a customs/work permitting process to only put "boots on the ground" on the American side of the border, assuming you're American.

So, do we know that was quitting, or maybe just sending a message to someone?
I would think it was his/her last flight whether (s)he was quitting or not, because I doubt many bosses want you screwing around at $7+/gallon doing middle fingers in their planes.

US plane taking off and landing at a US airport but most of the surveying is over Canada.

What would that be for? Doesn't appear to be over forest so probably not for trees.

And almost every track crossed the border. If you're talking to ATC, you wouldn't be switching between controllers every time you cross the border, right?
No. The purple line shows the airspace delegated to Canada by the US. Victoria Terminal Approach Control runs Bellingham KBLI.

upload_2022-8-30_10-16-38.png

I would think it was his/her last flight whether (s)he was quitting or not, because I doubt many bosses want you screwing around at $7+/gallon doing middle fingers in their planes.
What if he was the boss, and was mad at ATC?

Interesting the flight started with the art work. Maybe ATC started things with a “hold present position, course your discretion.”

Interesting the flight started with the art work. Maybe ATC started things with a “hold present position, course your discretion.”
That looks too exact for on a whim. I'm guessing it was loaded into their survey nav system ahead of time.

That's kind of what I'm thinking. They weren't happy with someone... but still did their job. It looks like they got vectored away from their job right at the border, flew SE and were possibly going to hold, then got creative.
I know the feeling when you have a job to do and ATC sends you in the opposite direction.

Not the case here, but It seems to me if you're really into FlightAware art and saving money, you'd develop a adsb out box to spoof your location and just "paint" on your phone connected to your box transmitting to an adsb ground station, sitting at a bus stop.

Back