Radio Station Licence

drgwentzel

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Kobra
We all know that we don't require a Radio Station Licence if we only make domestic flights. We do require them for international flights.

I flew in 2004 to Canada and in 2005 to the Bahamas. Never did anyone ask me for my Radiotelephone Operator Permit or my airplane's Radio Station Licence. What is the experience of the group? As anyone ever been asked to show these documents at any time?

Gene - 1971 Cardinal RG

I have yet to have anyone ask me for my AROW docs or my PP or my medical. Doesn't mean I shouldn't have them.
Once will be all you need.

Nope... I have never been ramp checked, either at home or abroad, in this country or any other. :) I have been to the Cayman Islands (2004) and just got back from the Bahamas this past March after having chased down all the proper paperwork, only to have them never leave the document pocket in the back seat of my airplane. After getting all of these ducks in a row, you (almost) want to have someone official ask about them, just so you can trot them out for a real reason!

I've never been asked it on my 5 trips to Canada and 2 trips to Mexico.

However, in Mexico they did ask for me to produce my Mexican insurance policy as well as my registration and airworthiness certificate.

I was told that the N number on the tail is the radio liscence?

Canada doesn't require it and doesn't ask. Bahamas don't require it and don't ask. Turks & Caicos require it and checked for it. Mexico's requirements are irrelevant -- what you will need are several cartons of Marlboros and a lot of $20 bills, whether you have the licenses or not.

Back