Radio HawHaw

Clark1961

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Display name:
Ok, it's time to 'fess up.

On Saturday morning last I was cruising south of OGA toward GLD and been in foggles or actual for the past 3 approaches and 3 or so hours.

I'm talking to center when the CFII comments he isn't getting my sidetone. So out of the blue I key the mic and say "That's the way I like it!" 'cause I don't care if the bastard (well, I'm fairly certain his mother never met his father) hears me or not. The II looks at me like I'm crazy (ok, he's prolly correct) and I just start laughing when I realize what I've done. I must have laughed for 5 minutes (sans mic). I did maintain heading and altitude while laughing.

Just imagine some poor bus driver cruising along bored to tears and then he/she/it hears "that's the way I like it" out of the blue. It's just gotta crack'em up! Maybe even center got a chuckle out of it even though they never said so. They were pretty nice to me when I thanked'em for their help later. Well, being a weekender and all I thought they were nice...maybe they didn't want to take a chance on disturbing me any more than I already was? Maybe this belongs in hangar talk?

A couple weekends ago I heard a pilot give his entire before-landing passenger briefing over 122.8. Time to destination, the temp there, fasten your seatbelts, stow your baggage, etc. IIRC it was a bizjet. Oops! This was right after the pilot told the FBO they were inbound. Musta hit the wrong button.

Just imagine some poor bus driver cruising along bored to tears and then he/she/it hears "that's the way I like it" out of the blue.

Well, as an actual part-time bus driver, I heard a pretty good radio conversation a while back:

Driver: Red-3 to base.
Base: Base. Go ahead.
Driver: Yeah, there is a car on fire in the middle of Lincoln Way & Lynn Ave (a major intersection in the middle of town). You might want to call the cops and get them out here ASAP.
Base: Base, 10-4. Can you describe the car?
Driver: (after perfectly timed pause) Uhhh, It has flames shooting out from under the hood and it's smoking.
Base: (after 'DOH!' moment) Base, 10-4.

Last edited:
I did most of an entire Twin Otter pre takeoff checklist on Ground Control at MCI one day. Thing is, the intercom was not a hot intercom. Meaning you had to push a switch. The switch was a two position switch on the yoke. One side was radio, one side was intercom. Needless to say, I was pushing the wrong side of the switch.:redface::redface:

Well, as an actual part-time bus driver, I heard a pretty good radio conversation a while back:

Driver: Yeah, there is a car on fire in the middle of Lincoln Way & Lynn Ave (a major intersection in the middle of town). You might want to call the cops and get them out here ASAP.
Driver: (after perfectly timed pause) Uhhh, It has flames shooting out from under the hood and it's smoking.
When I was a volunteer firefighter, I was dispatching one evening. I sent an engine out on a car fire. They got there...and the lieutenant reported, "Engine 25 10-97, one story Camaro, fully involved."

:rofl::rofl:

Back