Radio broadcasting Static when panel lights are on

SixPapaCharlie

May the force be with you
Display Name

Display name:
Sixer
A&P going to look in a couple days but I thought I had an intermittent issue where push to talk would just create a lot of white noise.

I've determined now that it only happens when the panel lights are set to full bright.

Lights off, push to talk works great
Lights on, push to talk = "SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Should have an answer in a few days but anyone else come across this type of issue before?

Just Curious as I would assume these things would have nothing to do with one another.

If you have electroluminescent lights the inverter is the likely culprit.

Had a similar issue after vibration caused RG400 cable to fail. This led to transmitting without good antenna. This led to internal damage to SL40. This caused the SL40 to spray RF when transmitting and would vary based on frequency and EGT interference.
Rule out your radio - slide another one in your tray and see if it too does the same.

A&P going to look in a couple days but I thought I had an intermittent issue where push to talk would just create a lot of white noise.

I've determined now that it only happens when the panel lights are set to full bright.

Lights off, push to talk works great
Lights on, push to talk = "SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Should have an answer in a few days but anyone else come across this type of issue before?

Just Curious as I would assume these things would have nothing to do with one another.

White noise, precursor of impending doom.

He still knows what you did last summer.

Back