R22 vs Hughes-Schweizer H269C

You're lucky to have lived to tell the tale. ;) Amazing the difference in accident rates back then vs now. You’d never be able to ball up that many aircraft today. They’d have so many safety stand downs they’d have to shut the school house down. Of course, they were pushing a crapload more students through back then (Vietnam) so that has something to do with it.

http://www.armyaircrews.com/osage.html

When my instructor bought his 269A (shortly after I got my private) he said that, like pretty much all 269As flying today, it was built from two wrecked helicopters. And those two had been built from two wrecked helicopters and, well, you get the idea.

He also pointed out he bought the two wrecked ones (he was also an A&P) and managed to build a functioning one while only buying one part! That was part of the main rotor assembly and was $10,000, but hey, who's counting. ;)

Whichever you choose, we are rooting for you to bring it to RR. I think it was @geico that brought one to Gaston’s and it was a hoot!

I do enjoy TX but the lady and I have it narrowed down to Southern Appalachia.

Did you ever 'reveal' why you ended up selling your twin? Don't know if I missed it somewhere after seeing your video about it.

How about Heaven's Landing in Dillard GA, and you're not far from the Dillard House? Although you don't have a plane now and don't know if you're going to buy another one.

Back