R/C Micro mini helo

Yes, but they're not so easy to control that you zoom them this way and that. You can essentially fly it indoors and it'll fly in circles. You can kind of control where it goes...but just barely.

That said, they're a lot of fun for the price...

thanks, the TV ad must have had the world champion flying it around a living room, looked pretty cool.

I've flown one and it is not easy to master, but it is fun and fairly crash resistant. Drives the dogs nuts.:rofl:

They work...

I'm trying to sell the remaining share in my Archer, and I showed it to a potential buyer yesterday who has that brand of R/C copter. After he looked at the airplane, he showed me his model (and flew it pretty well, I thought). There are some things that are unrealistic, though. In particular the tail rotor is controlled by varying the speed of the motor which drives it, rather than by changing the blade pitch angle.

In particular the tail rotor is controlled by varying the speed of the motor which drives it, rather than by changing the blade pitch angle.

So if you want to turn left, you are forced to ascend? Something like that?
I once had a car that was sort of like that.

So if you want to turn left, you are forced to ascend? Something like that?
I once had a car that was sort of like that.

Not that I know of. There's two separate motors, one for the main rotor and one for the tail rotor. I think (but am not positive) that the MR is at a constant rpm (like the real thing), but that tail rotor thrust is changed by varying the TR rpm. In the real thing, both MR and TR are at constant rotational speeds.

I do remember someone else telling me that in a turn, not only do you bank the a/c with cyclic (like the real thing), but TR (pedal) input is required as well (unlike the real thing), kind of like in a fixed-wing.

On mine you turn right to move forward and you turn left to stop moving forward. The only way to "hover" is in a full tilt spin. There is really no way to move it backwards.

I found that I could do a quick 180 to reverse direction once I got better.

They're not realistic, but they really are fun. I don't fly mine much anymore because I moved up to this one... :)

Back