R/C Connie

Super! Here's a couple Connies which aren't R/C.
They've been in "restoration" for many years, located just off #22
Auburn-Lewiston KLEW. Planes are owned by Maurice, a very interesting fellow.

HR

That's Maurice's house adjacent to the plane. Note that the 2nd floor would appear to be an air traffic control tower. That's the way he designed it; has a from the inside view which includes the distant White Mountains. I've been at a couple parties in the house. Maurice also owns the Connie which is on loan to the museum in Florida.

Attachments

• Connie1 042407.jpg
    Connie1 042407.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 37
  • Connie1 engine.jpg
    Connie1 engine.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 29
  • Connie2.jpg
    Connie2.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 30
  • Connie2 Close-up.jpg
    Connie2 Close-up.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
WOW! That house looks tiny until you consider the size of the plane. I think I need to get to know you (and your friends) a lot better :).

The house, as one enters from the side, is long. It has a LARGE swimming pool in the floor to the right; and there is at least one hot tub on the perimeter, along with several side rooms and party tables. On the left, as you enter, is a huge bedroom. Walk straight ahead, turn left and up the stairs to the kitchen area. Straight ahead are the "ATC" windows, even with wrap-around under-the-shelf lighting so as to improve outward vision. The walk-around appliances at center are bordered by a breakfast/dinner table and -- of course -- the piano. It's quite the place. At one time it was for sale for 375K.
Maurice has had a beef with the City of Auburn because they won't permit him to taxi his
single engine GA plane off #22 and across the grass to get onto his property.

Allow me to clarify that I'm not a social friend of Maurice; but that I've been to a couple parties there with other area pilots.

HR

Teller(or anyone else):

Google Starliner in Auburn and you'll get a bunch of hits about Maurice Roundy's
house and the Connie Starliners he owns.

HR

That is why I have not taken up RC flying...the crashes can make it damn near as expensive as flying (but not crashing!) the real thing.

Tony has a pretty good story about crashing someone else's RC plane...:yes:

Back