Quick RV destinations?

gkainz

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Greg Kainz
Not Van's RV tho ... 5th wheel. Discovered today that I misunderstood the vacation policy of the new company after buyout, and I have a week of vacation to use or lose by end of the year.

Looking for beach front or beach access (wife likes that) and possible fishing opportunities with RV camping on or near beach. Considering TX gulf, NM/AZ Colorado River, SoCal.

Ideas?

Mustang Island State Park, Port Aransas, Tx. Park it right on the beach.

Mustang Island is on the list of possibles - thanks!

Wife's leaning more towards AZ or CA ... Powell, Havasu, San Clemente, Doheny ... I have a feeling that last minute reservations for So Cal beaches is pretty much impossible.

Wife's leaning more towards AZ or CA ... Powell, Havasu, San Clemente, Doheny ... I have a feeling that last minute reservations for So Cal beaches is pretty much impossible.

Last time I was at Havasu it snowed. The locals were all freaked out.

Last time I was at Havasu it snowed. The locals were all freaked out.

That would be my luck. I'm already in the dog house for causing us to miss our annual Riveria Maya trip because of my miscalculations. I told her "let's go anyway" but her budget consciousness won't let her pay double or triple the costs she gets on non-peak times.

I thought you meant Vans RV, in which case the obvious destination options would be:

- A smoking hole in the ground

Followed by:

- An NTSB report

:D ;)

I thought you meant Vans RV, in which case the obvious destination options would be:

- A smoking hole in the ground

Followed by:

- An NTSB report

:D ;)

I also thought he meant Vans RV, in which case every destination would be quick, wouldn't it?

This is where we used to go at Havasu

http://www.havasusprings.com/

They have a so-so restaurant on site. Havasu City is about 30 minutes away and Parker is about 15 minutes away.

Not Van's RV tho ... 5th wheel. Discovered today that I misunderstood the vacation policy of the new company after buyout, and I have a week of vacation to use or lose by end of the year.

Looking for beach front or beach access (wife likes that) and possible fishing opportunities with RV camping on or near beach. Considering TX gulf, NM/AZ Colorado River, SoCal.

Ideas?

I think there was camping at Pismo Beach.

Several good State RV parks on the beach from San Diego to LA - they do fill up since they are, literally, on the beach in many cases - we haven't taken our 36' Bounder to any yet but we have driven in and checked them out by car, several have parkwide WiFi if you need it, dump stations, decent noise rules, and will accomodate rigs at least as big as our rig.

'Gimp

Back