Quick Links

BillG

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Bill Greenberg
Is there any way to rearrange the menu bar so that Quick Links are more to the left? As it is now it's a bit of a pain as I usually need to scroll to the right to see that dropdown (especially when I'm at a client and trying to keep this in a small window). Kind of defeats some of the purpose of them being "Quick" links, no...?

Actually, that's a good idea. With wider monitors available, many of us forget about the folks using smaller monitors or lower resolutions.

More active links should be on the left.

I agree. I'm also thinking about moving some of the links - Rules of Conduct, FlashChat, and Member Hangars, into the Quicklinks section which will narry it up a bit.

Actually, now that we're discussing it, what I would REALLY like is "Mark ALL Forums Read" to be one of the menu bar choices instead of down in Quick Links. That certainly gets used more than Rules of Conduct...

BillG said:
That certainly gets used more than Rules of Conduct...
You should be reviewing the RoC daily and reciting the mantra every moment you're typing. :rofl:

Okay, I can't even say it with a straight face. ;)

Yeah, better. Actually, I use New Posts and Mark ALL Forums Read, so if those were first that would be idea. Without looking I don't even know what the others are! But I definitely like not having to scroll to get to Quick Links any more (is that lazy or what??)

BillG said:
Yeah, better. Actually, I use New Posts and Mark ALL Forums Read, so if those were first that would be idea. Without looking I don't even know what the others are! But I definitely like not having to scroll to get to Quick Links any more (is that lazy or what??)
Well...I wouldn't mark it down as 'lazy' but more 'labor efficient'. ;)

I think I speak for Chuck as well when I say that we LIKE ideas, regardless of how silly they may seem. Everyone experiences things like the PoA forum in a different way. We often don't think of the impact of stuff like simply shuffling some things around. It was a good idea!

If it can be done with a minimum of fuss and makes the experience better for everyone, I can't see much objection to implementing a good idea. I also know that we're keeping a list of bigger/better things for later implementation as time goes on.

Of course, that's easy to say since I'm not doing much on the backend. :goofy:

Back