Quick impromptu SE gather?

Bill

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
This page intentionally left blank
My partner Brent and I are flying the club 182 to HXD (Hilton Head Island) this Saturday (11/25) morning for lunch at Charley's Crab and a quick tour of the island. We plan on departing around 3pm or so.

Any PoA'ers in the area please advise. :rofl:

Really, the progs so far look really good for a nice flying day in the SE Saturday, and it would be fun to meet some folks.

Bill, Sue is doing a charity volunteer thing and couldn't go, but this means I'm free with nothing else going on. Do you plan to rent a car? Arrival time set yet? I can probably scrape up someone who'd like to go, so consider me in.

I won't be there until December 9-10 in case anyone wants to try again in a few weeks. I do plan on spending the day Saturday in Savannah however.

Bill:

I'll be out that way at Greenville--Donaldson. Supposed to link up with a friend in Savannah, but if it doesn't work out, maybe I could hop over.

Best,

Dave

Lance F said:
Do you plan to rent a car?

Didn't think that far ahead yet, I'll check on availability tomorrow morning. That or bum a crew car.

Last time I landed at SAV the crew car was a Ford Bronco. :p

Might want to call ahead...

Bill Jennings said:
Didn't think that far ahead yet, I'll check on availability tomorrow morning. That or bum a crew car.

I'm around, but not driving or flying anywhere :(

If anyone stops by FLO, lemme know :D

Lance F said:
Do you plan to rent a car? Arrival time set yet? I can probably scrape up someone who'd like to go, so consider me in.

Just called Carolina Air, and they have two crew cars, and would let us have one if available. If they are both out, they can set us up in a rental car for the hours needed. She said it is not going to be busy there this weekend, so a crew car would be likely, and if not, easy to get the rental car.

Lance, still in?

I'm in. Just set a time.

I had the flu and thought I'd be over it, but it's still here. No trips for me this weekend. I'll be back out thata way over the Christmas holidays. Maybe I could join y'all then somewhere.

Best,

Dave

Well, I'm obviously not enroute to HXD. The pilot who flew the 182 yesterday wrecked the starter, and the mx officer forgot to call me to tell me the plane was grounded. 1/2 a turn on the prop and then it sounded like a box of hammers under the cowl. A quick call reveals the starter is toast.

Of course, the other two club planes were already booked. Lance F is still going if anyone is interested in joining him, ext time of arrival 11:15am.

I won't be able to find that right 201 fast enough...

Back