Questions to ask perspective CFII???

I like turn and bank better, and I suppose it's safer, but I don't know that I'd care what preference a CFI had, unless I were signing up for aerobatic training.

Interesting. My plane has a turn coordinator. Are you suggesting I should rip it out and install an older turn and bank indicator? I can't see the reasoning behind it.
I’m not suggesting you do anything with your airplane. Are you suggesting that the TC is better simply because it’s newer?

I like turn and bank better, and I suppose it's safer, but I don't know that I'd care what preference a CFI had, unless I were signing up for aerobatic training.
A CFII who’s cognizant of the differences seems more likely to me to know how the other instruments behave as well. I see a lot of instrument pilots who have some pretty poor understanding of what’s in front of them.

A CFII who’s cognizant of the differences seems more likely to me to know how the other instruments behave as well. I see a lot of instrument pilots who have some pretty poor understanding of what’s in front of them.

That's fair. It sounds like a good way to judge technical knowledge. I normally lean toward attitude first, but it is a good question.

Back