Questions regarding OKC requests

D

DeferralReciever

Hello everyone,

Just received another letter of request from OKC, this time for a HIMS Psych eval and "submit a report of initiation of quarterly counseling (example, cognitive behavioral therapy, solution-focused therapy), treatment plan, prognosis."

In all the research I've done on this process I haven't come across the latter. Is a MFT or LCSW acceptable or does the FAA want a PhD counselor? What should I tell them to make sure everything is as desired? Obviously I'm not doing this through my insurance as diagnosis codes are what get us into trouble in the first place.

Furthermore, I wish regular counseling was an option for people with recurrent depression that is mild and really doesn't need SSRIs or all that cognitive testing...

And one final thing, a bit of speculation. My records show two separate incidents: MDD, single episode treated with Prozac lasting a couple of years. This is recent and "in full remission". about 5 years before that in high school I saw a therapist and received the diagnoses of Depression, Unspecified and anxiety disorder. I know this probably constitutes recurrence, but does anyone know if different coding matters in that regard? Or if there is any chance that the HIMS Psych determines that it may not constitute recurrence?

I think I know the answer to that last part but thoughts would be appreciated.

Would love to know if you ever found out the correct answer to this. I am in a very similar boat (same wording on letter) with what sounds like a similar history.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back