Questions for owners of the new David Clark One X Headset

retpd2001

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
retpd2001
I have been watching the reviews on this headset for awhile and bought one. I have a question or two on your experience.

I notice flying with it that when I turn my head while flying, the noise heard changes, mostly in tone, not volume. I assume that is from the built in technology but it seems a bit odd. Would probably get used to it, but if it is not right, I want to return the headset during the 30 day trial.

I also had an issue with the bluetooth and my phone. Paired up fine and when I made a call I heard clearly the person answer, but he could only hear me faintly, and I could not hear him again. Might have been ATC shutting down the phone, which it should do. Need to tweak that one and try again.

Your comments are appreciated. Glenn

On turning your head if it reduces the earcup seal it will sound different. All the noise cancelling headsets do this. Seems to vary by the particular brands, and person-by-person. Bose are particularly bad for this on my head shape for some reason, butno issue with other people.

I use a One-X as my primary headset and have not had the phone problem you describe...as long as the cell tower signal was good. In the air using the phone at altitude can often be problematic with poor signal.

On turning your head if it reduces the earcup seal it will sound different. All the noise cancelling headsets do this. Seems to vary by the particular brands, and person-by-person. Bose are particularly bad for this on my head shape for some reason, butno issue with other people.

I use a One-X as my primary headset and have not had the phone problem you describe...as long as the cell tower signal was good. In the air using the phone at altitude can often be problematic with poor signal.
Thanks, I will play with the seal next time I fly. I didn't notice the problem with my last set of ANR's. And I noticed after the flight the unit is set as default to "Mono", going to switch it to stereo and see if that makes a difference with the phone. Thanks for the reply.

Back