Questions about the Cessna 206

My 182T does better than book number speed at lower than book number fuel burn so I'd trust what the POH says.

I've never flown a 206 but I've been highly considering upgrading from my 182 to a T206H
I'll second that. Cessna is one of the only manufacturers I know of that you will typically get "at least" the numbers in the POH, as compared to others where they are difficult to attain. I've attached the PDFs for the turbo and non-turbo models.

Attachments

• 206H POH.pdf
    5.3 MB · Views: 5
  • T206H POH.pdf
    5.6 MB · Views: 15
The Cessna 206 is probably one of the "safest" singles you can fly?

Here's a link to the 206H POH with G1000. It was the last non-turbo 206 made. It should be able to answer many questions, looks like you've got a 1417lb useful load. 92 gallon fuel capacity. Just a quick look at the 8000ft charts looks like you can pull a 139kts at 15.6gph at standard temp. Cruise speeds at various altitudes seems like you'd get 135-140kts no problem between about 14-17.5gph depending on the altitude. My 182T does better than book number speed at lower than book number fuel burn so I'd trust what the POH says.

http://www.redskyventures.org/doc/c...07_NavIII-G1000+GFC700-POH-PIM-fromCessna.pdf

I've never flown a 206 but I've been highly considering upgrading from my 182 to a T206H

Flint Aero makes tip tanks (extensions) that add another 200lb of gross weight. The tanks weigh 38lbs so you get a net increase of 162.

https://flintaero.com/kits/extended-tip-tanks/206h/

They do add 2.5 ft to the wingspan and reduce the AOA at higher altitudes. A common mod on float equipped 206H.

The Cessna 206 is probably one of the "safest" singles you can fly?

I would think there are safer planes to fly, Cirrus comes to mind, but for how much the 206 can carry and the short and/or soft field capability there is not many planes better suited for the bush.

If I was a young(er) man I would buy a 206 and do off airport work in Alaska like I have done for other people.

Back