Questions about G1000

spiderweb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ben
In preparation for tomorrow's "APU time," I wonder if those of you who have experience with the G1000 system can give me some advice on how best to setup NAV 1 and 2 on the HSI. (I've gotten John and Martha's.)

Is there a standard procedure you like to follow, or display setup?

What do you like on the MFD as you fly the approach?

Any time-saving tips?

Thanks!

It all depends...

I'm very comfortable with RMIs, so I'm happy to have the G1000 GPS driving the CDI with NAV 1 and NAV 2 showing as RMI-style pointers. (unless shooting a loc/ils approach).

I usually have the MFD on the map, unless it's a newer revision (waas) that lets me see the map and the flight plan with the programmed altitudes for VNAV in it. That let's me keep track of the airplane's location AND crosscheck the vertical crossings with the chart. I find it also helps with the "what am I doing, and what do I do next" thought process on an approach.

I like to customize the MFD fields if possible so that I see GS, DTK and ATK, with the fourth field being ETA or ETE depending on the phase of flight.

Map is always TRACK UP.

Thanks! Today's session in the plane was helpful, too. It really is intuitive and easy, for the most part. Still a few things that need practice, of course.

Back