Questionable change from VFR to IFR

The airport has a left pattern. He was flying against traffic. He didn't know how to discern what the pattern is. He flys right patterns where ever he goes. He took the example of a right pattern in the book as the way you fly the pattern at every airport. The guy is a CFI.
Ah, Yeah that’s a big problem. You wonder how some manage to earn a CFI ticket. Pretty scary to know these types of pilots are out flying. :eek:

I felt my blood pressure rise while watching that. I hope that idiot gets his ticket pulled. I'm all for learning from mistakes, but that went entirely way too long before he ever did anything about it.
I get the feeling from those type of pilot-mill instructors that they don’t seem to know their end from a hole in the ground.

"We would like to change to IFR if you want."

By the way, I tried Googling "hold in loo," but none of the entries were aviation related. ;)

Ah, Yeah that’s a big problem. You wonder how some manage to earn a CFI ticket. Pretty scary to know these types of pilots are out flying. :eek:
We get lots of them at KIMM, very few are Americans and they all have four stripes. Im going to get a shirt with seven stripes.
Another thing that really bugs me is guys that work the airlines that use the title captain in their everyday life. Never seen one use "first officer" though. If the guy is in the military, he deserves the title.

Im going to get a shirt with seven stripes.
Four on the right, three on the left -- that way you're covered for either seat, right? Unless you're working at a flight school, then you'd want to reverse them.

We get lots of them at KIMM, very few are Americans and they all have four stripes. Im going to get a shirt with seven stripes.
Another thing that really bugs me is guys that work the airlines that use the title captain in their everyday life. Never seen one use "first officer" though. If the guy is in the military, he deserves the title.

Meh, if you go by ANY title in day to day life chances are you're a class A d'bag. All the good docs, pilots, engineers, PHDs government workers, etc I have met would never put that in front of their name shy of authoring a study or something.

That's what you do when you're in the lavatory and the seatbelt sign comes on.
The sign said "RETURN TO SEAT" so I sat back down.

Hold in loo is just my way of saying HILPT

There is no way he is a CFI. Who in their right mind gave him a pass.

I went to an accelerated training pt 141 flight school. If a person did not meet the standards set forth by the PTS then that person did not move on.

I did my CFI and II at a pt 61 school. They were more of a one lesson and move on to the next lesson type place. At least the CFI was more of a home study and I spent a lot of time in the classroom working with students.

Well, videos like this do nothing to help dissuade the stereotypes surrounding these foreign students coming in to do the pilot mill thing.

Maybe it's a stereotype that doesn't deserve to be dissuaded.

Me. :) (I am a special snowflake)
I was VFR in VMC at 3,000 about 500 below a solid deck. Approach calls some Mooney at 4,500 and tells them about us. I hear a reply "traffic in sight".
..... I reply "negative contact, we are under a solid deck". Silence. No questions.

Similar situation. Arizona. Huge storm northern half. Restricted area was opened for me to head to Yuma then back up to the pass west of Blythe for Fullerton. After I got cleared, about 5 IFR flights asked to descend and run the same route (dodging isolated showers under a solid base). I was 500 feet under and was warned of an aircraft over-taking me 1000 above that dropped the IFR, but were definitely still in it (same as you except coming from my 6:00).

Has anyone reported his schmuck? Because he's going to kill someone some day.

Meh, if you go by ANY title in day to day life chances are you're a class A d'bag. All the good docs, pilots, engineers, PHDs government workers, etc I have met would never put that in front of their name shy of authoring a study or something.
Hey, I go by Dr. whenever I can. Spent too many years in Evil Graduate school to do otherwise. Then again, I guess I just proved your point...

Hey, I go by Dr. whenever I can. Spent too many years in Evil Graduate school to do otherwise. Then again, I guess I just proved your point...
Steingar, in my experience, it's rare for you to exhibit d'bag behavior.

Yeah but you have a degree. Those "captains" just have a corporate title the airlines gives them to make them feel good.

Back