Question Regarding Medical

P

Piloteer

Hello Everyone,

I recently visited my AME to renew my 3rd class medical, and it's been a while since my last one. When I arrived, they asked for my confirmation for filling out the online form, which, I didn't have since the last time I went in I filled out a paper form. The receptionist said she would need it by the time I was done with my physical. I asked if they had any computer I could use, and since they didn't, I told them I would try to do this on my phone. Big mistake. I got kicked out multiple times and couldn't see parts of the page. I thought I got most most of my appointments from the past 3 years listed, but I think I not only forgot a few, I'm not sure all of them even got sent over since I got kicked out so many times from it timing out while typing on my cell phone. I don't have a copy of the completed form so have no idea what got through and what did not.

Anyway, I'm concerned that they don't have all of the information and want to make sure they have all of my appointment history. Due to some things that happened last year, my doctor said he would need to wait to hear back (4-6 weeks) from the regional office, and now I'm very concerned that I didn't get them all of the information they need. I called the FAA Regional Office and they said to put together a document that lists all of my medical visits and send it in to them with the PI # they gave me and that they would attach it to my record.

I have a couple of questions:
1 - Should I send this information directly to the FAA or go to my Medical Examiner's office and submit it to the FAA through them?

2 - I'm very concerned. I really thought I had everything listed, but after going through my history at home (and calling some previous providers), I definitely missed a few appointments as well as some may not have been listed due to being kicked off so many times and trouble with the phone (e.g. couldn't see parts of the application to the side since the mobile browser wasn't working so well). Is there anything else I can/should do?

Any advice/input would be greatly appreciated. I did get a confirmation number that I gave to the AME's office so assume they put it through already, otherwise I would start a new application. If I knew I could have filled this out at home, I would have. The office made it sound like I didn't have an option for some reason (they aren't very tech savvy there).

send it to them as they requested. if missing info is of no concern u should be fine. if not you will rec official ltr from faa seeking more clarification.

send it to them as they requested. if missing info is of no concern u should be fine. if not you will rec official ltr from faa seeking more clarification.
I would offer a different approach. Find a PC (not a phone), sit down and do it with care, not with hurry. Get it right. Sign in from a different email address- even a Hotmail address, that you can create for free ('cause you can't get back into the one you did on the phone, it's submitted and will turn to dust in 60 days.). Or even go to a public library and do it.

Give it consideration and care.

Thank you for the replies.

I thought about waiting the 60 days, however, I called the AME office this morning and it's already been processed, so I can't fill out another one. They recommended that I send in my full list so that they can forward it on. I sent that to them today, so they have my full history (not missing anything at all).

Is there anything else I can/should do?

That being the case, you may want to send the same packet you sent to the AME to the RFS, as they requested, with a note that the information has also been provided to the AME. Or alternatively, you can just call the RFS office and tell them that you've given the information to the AME and that he or she will be forwarding it to them.

That's assuming, of course, that the RFS knows who you are and is actually expecting something from you, personally. If you didn't provide your name, then I suppose there's no need to bother.

Rich

Waiting.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back