Question on timeline for HIMS cases

T

TimelineQuestion

Lots of great info here, so I think I have enough info know that my case is likely to be deferred. Long and short of it:

- Xanax off and on about 8-9 years as needed for insomnia due to a "difficult" work situation at a 20+ year job.
- Celexa for about three years (along with the xanax in lower frequency) as a potential longer-term solution
- Finally left the company, life is great, completely off meds for nearly six months now
- Recent physical with my GP who agrees no more need for any meds, no anxiety

My understanding is this is likely to become a HIMS case, and while I know nothing is guaranteed my GP and I are comfortable with the tests and $4-5k out of pocket knowing I stand a reasonable chance of a favorable outcome.

The big ask: since this is a second career, I'm not 30 with a long career ahead of me, and if this is likely to cause long delays it becomes less and less worth it. Assuming the time needed to build hours, I'm already looking at 52/53yo by the time I get to 1,500, assuming passing a medical asap.

What kind of timeline would I more realistically be looking at?

You will certainly need to get a consult from an experienced HIMS AME before ever trying to apply for a medical. They along with the FAA are the only ones that will be able to determine if you can be issued a class 1. I can tell you with confidence that you will have an expensive and lengthy process ahead of you. Expect to spend more in the 8-12k and 8-24 month range to get the initial medical. The renewals shouldn't be nearly as onerous and expensive.

Good Luck!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back