Question of the year!

20-something Spouse or 20-something Plane?

• C'mon, it's flesh and blood! Spouse!

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • C'mon, it's got wings! Plane!

Votes: 26 61.9%
  • Can I just take the money that would be spent on either?

Votes: 7 16.7%

• Total voters

wbarnhill

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
iEXTERMINATE
Fess up. 20-something spouse or 20-something plane? Which would you prefer? Which would be cheaper? And how long do you think I'll survive when my girlfriend realizes I posted this? Inquiring minds want to know!

easy choice. Never heard an airplane complane about not being taken out enough

I never got in an argument with my airplane about going flying or anything else for that matter!:D

But if a 20 plus 20 wanted to come over for a sleep over, I might not mind! If they are good looking and enjoy airplains!:blueplane: ;)

girls??:dunno:

You know even if you have a 20 something spouse...
You can't hear them complain at 5000 agl :)

A 20-something for me would be way too mentally immature and probably still living home with Mommy or being supported by his parents, so of course I'd take the airplane.

JRitt said:
I am WAY to old for a 20 something spouse so I'll take the plane

Ditto. And a 20 something plane will be a lot more stable than a 20 something spouse...:goofy: :mad: :yes: :no:

pH

They say hindsight is 20 20. I've had the 20 something spouse....which is exactly why I don't have a 20 something airplane. Now I have neither. Go for the plane!!! :yes:

Why Airplanes Are Better Than Women

An airplane will kill you quickly . . . a woman takes her time.

Airplanes don't take forever to warm up.

Airplanes like to do it inverted.

Airplanes can be turned on by a flick of switch.

You don't always have to be on top to ride an airplane.

You can easily leave an airplane before sunrise.

Airplane exhaust fumes smell better.

An airplane does not get mad if you 'touch and go.'

An airplane's performance is seldom hindered by weather.

An airplane will not get mad if you ride someone else's airplane.

You can calculate the peak performance of an airplane.

An airplane is easy to roll over.

You can always tell when an airplane is going to give out.

An airplane does not object to a preflight inspection.

Airplanes come with operating manuals.

You can fly an airplane any time of the month.

You can share your airplanes with your friends.

Airplanes don't care about how many other airplanes you have flown.

Airplanes don't care about how many other airplanes you have.

Airplanes don't mind if you look at other airplanes, or if you buy airplane magazines.

You don't have to be jealous of the guy that works on your airplane.

If you say bad things to your airplane, you don't have to say you're sorry before you can fly it again.

Your parents don't remain in touch with your old airplane after you dump it.

Airplanes always feel like going for a ride.

Your airplane never wants a night out with the other airplanes.

Airplanes don't care if you are late.

You don't have to take a shower before flying your airplane.

It's always OK to use tie downs on your airplane.

Airplanes are honest people.

If I buy a plane today, it'll still be here 20 years from now and ready for the next adventure on less than a moments notice. (It's probably way cheaper and less hassle in the long run too)

Besides, nothing infuriates me more than someone who says adventures and travel is the one thing they like more than anything but the minute you suggest actually doing anything interesting they start whining about it being too much effort and they'd rather do something else - like going to the new wallyworld in town.

Last edited:
20-something? Waaay too young. Now 30-something, that would be more tempting.

well ive already got a 40 something glider, and am dating an amazing 20 something, so ill be the only yes i guess.

Ken Ibold said:
Why Airplanes Are Better Than Women

An airplane will kill you quickly . . . a woman takes her time.

Airplanes don't take forever to warm up.

Airplanes like to do it inverted.

Airplanes can be turned on by a flick of switch.

You don't always have to be on top to ride an airplane.

You can easily leave an airplane before sunrise.

Airplane exhaust fumes smell better.

An airplane does not get mad if you 'touch and go.'

An airplane's performance is seldom hindered by weather.

An airplane will not get mad if you ride someone else's airplane.

You can calculate the peak performance of an airplane.

An airplane is easy to roll over.

You can always tell when an airplane is going to give out.

An airplane does not object to a preflight inspection.

Airplanes come with operating manuals.

You can fly an airplane any time of the month.

You can share your airplanes with your friends.

Airplanes don't care about how many other airplanes you have flown.

Airplanes don't care about how many other airplanes you have.

Airplanes don't mind if you look at other airplanes, or if you buy airplane magazines.

You don't have to be jealous of the guy that works on your airplane.

If you say bad things to your airplane, you don't have to say you're sorry before you can fly it again.

Your parents don't remain in touch with your old airplane after you dump it.

Airplanes always feel like going for a ride.

Your airplane never wants a night out with the other airplanes.

Airplanes don't care if you are late.

You don't have to take a shower before flying your airplane.

It's always OK to use tie downs on your airplane.

You forgot one.

There are two types of airplanes, those made for speed & those made for comfort.
I had the 20 something wife made for speed, but she's turning into made for comfort. Boy I hope she does'nt read this.

Husband says to wife "You know, I could trade you in on 2 20 year olds."
Wife responds "You're not wired for 220, dear."

Gimme the 20 year old airplane. I'm too damn old to train up another wife. My wife says I'm too old and she's too tired to retrain another husband, so we're stuck with each other!

Why can't I have both?

My plane is 23.

My wife is 28.

They're both expensive, but I'm a happy man.

James Dean

Attachments

• Bronwen.jpg
    Bronwen.jpg
    796.7 KB · Views: 52
  • 4296Next (3).jpg
    4296Next (3).jpg
    83 KB · Views: 20
Ken - you forgot one.

You don't mind being in a plane that's at maximum gross weight.

I already have a wife, 23 years now.

Got it right the first time; why would I trade down?

James_Dean said:
Why can't I have both?

For every pound of unnecessary ballast, that's a pound of fuel you can't carry. Eventually you can't carry enough fuel to go anywhere fun and you're stuck on the ramp with blown out tires and oleo struts.

By my calculations, an extra adult and a couple three seats crammed with kids and all the related excess cargo is about, roughly, say, oh, approximately, let's see here, yea, that's about right, Finland.

Last edited:
James_Dean said:
Why can't I have both?

My plane is 23.

My wife is 28.

They're both expensive, but I'm a happy man.

James Dean

Aw, how sweet! What an awesome photo! (Nice looking family, too!) :D

Hmm... I've got a 20 something spouse and a 40-something plane. I think that combo looks better to me than the other way around. ;)

AirBaker said:
Hmm... I've got a 20 something spouse and a 40-something plane. I think that combo looks better to me than the other way around. ;)
I have a 40 something spouse and my airplane is still a teenager. I'm happy with that.

Ken Ibold said:
I have a 40 something spouse and my airplane is still a teenager. I'm happy with that.
I didn't know its legal to fly an airplane that young! :)

fgcason said:
...Besides, nothing infuriates me more than someone who says adventures and travel is the one thing they like more than anything but the minute you suggest actually doing anything interesting they start whining about it being too much effort and they'd rather do something else - like going to the new wallyworld in town.

Frank--that's brilliant! Can I quote you on that?

I have a 27 year old plane , and no spouse (better that why). So i can pick up 20 something,30 something,40 something Girls and take them up when ever i want .LIFE IS GOOD.
Dave G.

wbarnhill said:
Fess up. 20-something spouse or 20-something plane? Which would you prefer? Which would be cheaper?
No plane, no spouse, 20-something or otherwise. Gee, I have to think of what to do with all that money I'm saving! :D

terzap said:
Frank--that's brilliant!
Brilliant? More like irritating. But it does make an awesome Stage 1 riff-raff filter. "If the AT Throughhike is completely out of the question then so are you."

terzap said:
Can I quote you on that?
Sure, have a ball. I don't have many noteworthy moments.

fgcason said:
Brilliant? More like irritating. But it does make an awesome Stage 1 riff-raff filter. "If the AT Throughhike is completely out of the question then so are you."...Sure, have a ball. I don't have many noteworthy moments.

I meant as a quotation, it was brilliant, since it summed up my feelings exactly. Not that the actual concept of someone being that way was brilliant. :)

And thanks--by F. G. Cason it is. It's just perfect.

terry

fgcason said:
For every pound of unnecessary ballast, that's a pound of fuel you can't carry. Eventually you can't carry enough fuel to go anywhere fun and you're stuck on the ramp with blown out tires and oleo struts.

By my calculations, an extra adult and a couple three seats crammed with kids and all the related excess cargo is about, roughly, say, oh, approximately, let's see here, yea, that's about right, Finland.

Frank,

I realize you were just kidding, but the plane has close to 1600 lbs useful load. I can carry the five of us(515 lbs), as much stuff as you could fit, and still go 600 miles comfortably. It is the perfect plane for my mission and situation.

James Dean

I would like to afford to have my planes become increasingly older, and my women to become increasingly younger.

That being said I voted for option three ;)

James_Dean said:
I realize you were just kidding, but the plane has close to 1600 lbs useful load. I can carry the five of us(515 lbs), as much stuff as you could fit, and still go 600 miles comfortably. It is the perfect plane for my mission and situation.

True. (just goofing) You're not exactly flying 5+baggage in a Cherokee 180 either... But every pound of ballast takes away from what could be internal ferry tanks. ;) 1600lbs - pilot - adventure supplies + ferry tanks = seriously over the horizon

I have to give you credit though. You were clever and resourceful enough to end up with the people you want AND the plane that will haul them to where you want to go. For someone who wants both, you're pretty much winning the game you're playing.

Joe Williams said:
Pick the right spouse, and you'll have spouse and plane.

You don't have a plane do you Joe? ;) :rofl:

I'd take the spouse first, but she'd better like flying! :yes: Oh, and preferably make enough money that we'd have enough to buy a plane. :D

Go for a girl that'll let you get an airplane..Or don't even bother.

Took a girl flying once...She said:
"You have to *CLIMB* onto the wing to get inside ?!?"
"There is only one door?!"
"I'd rather fly Delta"

That was the last time we ever spoke.

Last edited:
20 year old spouse? Not a chance in Hades. Too immature, no worldy experiences, and they'd have be TRAINED for God's sake. I'm 42 years old, I don't have the time nor the want to train a new one.

Back