Question for the Professional Pilots Out There...

SteveinIndy

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
SteveinIndy
I have decided to pursue aviation as a career after a lot of thought. Are there any members of PoA who are professional pilots for airlines, cargo operations, fractionals, or charter operations in either the Detroit or Indianapolis areas? I would appreciate any comments (either in this thread or by private message) or advice you might have.

Steve, I have a friend (not on this board) who just finished a 1-year stint as a charter pilot in Indy. PM me your questions and I'll forward to him to answer. From what I've heard him say, the market for charter pilots there wasn't great (which is why he ended up coming BACK to Houston).

As far as cargo goes, off the top of my head, I'd recommend Airnet. I don't know of any regionals or charter companies that are based there, but I'll happily do some more research for ya tomorrow! In the mean time, I would suggest perusing www.airlinepilotcentral.com.

Mesaba Airlines, Compass Airlines, and Pinnacle Airlines (All dba Northwest Airlink) have DTW pilot domiciles. I would check all of their websites for up to date information on hiring and time requirements.

Back