Question for the attorneys

Teller1900

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
I am a dad!
Regarding workers' rites and WARN notices. Anyone willing to PM (pro bono)?

heard about whats going on there..that sucks

Hopefully an HR qualified attorney will respond. WARN is tricky - apparently it can be limited in it's application based on both size of "facility" and how the company defines "facility". Carefully crafted definitions can avoid the WARN notice.

Hopefully an HR qualified attorney will respond. WARN is tricky - apparently it can be limited in it's application based on both size of "facility" and how the company defines "facility". Carefully crafted definitions can avoid the WARN notice.

That's my thought, reading through the WARN guide online. Very open ended definitions. But I'm also legalese inept.

While that is true, of more significant concern is the force majeure (for lack of a better term) exception to the WARN Act.

Teller, hope things come out clean for you. PM if you need any help beyond the legalese.

Cheers,

-Andrew

Are you employer or employee?

The government unions are being complicit in the 1/1/13 federal government shut downs and screwing their members to give their chosen candidate political cover.

Its complex but for the most part its pretty straightforward - it depends is the answer because it is like many federal laws in that, well, it depends.

PM me your basic facts - I am admitted in California and Connecticut and can only give advice to clients . . . responding to a hypothetical question that does not involve you directly is something that happens on here all the time . . .

While that is true, of more significant concern is the force majeure (for lack of a better term) exception to the WARN Act.

Teller, hope things come out clean for you. PM if you need any help beyond the legalese.

Cheers,

-Andrew

Yes, but again that's situational. Unknown whether that applies here.

Cheers,

-Andrew

Yes, but again that's situational. Unknown whether that applies here.

I don't THINK there would be any force majeure here. They have used the phrase "voluntary" several times. That's not to say they won't try to make that argument, though, I suppose.

Are you employer or employee?

The government unions are being complicit in the 1/1/13 federal government shut downs and screwing their members to give their chosen candidate political cover.

Its complex but for the most part its pretty straightforward - it depends is the answer because it is like many federal laws in that, well, it depends.

PM me your basic facts - I am admitted in California and Connecticut and can only give advice to clients . . . responding to a hypothetical question that does not involve you directly is something that happens on here all the time . . .

Employee. I'm just finishing up dinner, I'll PM in a few. Thanks!

I heard the rumors too. Was hoping they were not true. :(

Not all of the rumors I've heard are true. Unfortunately, though, many of them are.

Sad to see it get to this.......

I really miss that distinct sound...:sad::sad::sad:

And I love the looks of them too...

Um, what are we talking about? (For those of us who aren't in the know.)

Sucks, Teller. Hopefully you are airborne again somewhere, somehow, soon.

Back