Question for AMEs - Eye injury no sight issues.

U

Unreg

Saturday morning I was helping a friend change a tire and managed to hit myself in the eye with the tire iron. About an hour later was doing some raking and noticed a light flash down the side of my eye. Started to get worried so stopped what I was doing and called the eye doctor talked through the issue he said should be OK till Monday based on what I told him my symptoms were but of course if it gets worse at all go to the hospital.

no changes to my sight at all
No additional floaters (no more than usual I have a few anyway)
I have flashes (they are diminishing only occasionally now)

So today I went to the office he did a dilation and a thorough look around the inside of my eye said there was a small area of bruising on retina but no tear. Should be better in a couple weeks. I asked if there were any restrictions he said no. Talked to him about flying and he said no issue. Eye sight was 20/20 in each eye and 20/15 together. Scheduled a follow up for 2 weeks.

If I do decide to keep a medical post POBR2 how would I report this? Anything additional that needs to be done?

Basically I went to have a precautionary visit as I have heard flashes can be evidence of a tear.

Good luck with your eye.
It is baffling how I still have both of mine and most of my fingers, with all the stupid things I have done through the years.
Trying harder to just pop the safety glasses on every time I go in the shop or garage anymore, but I confess I still do not always remember.
I heard about a guy who yanked a 120v ext cord out of the wall, the prongs nailed one eye and he lost it. Then...he did it again and sure enough....the other eye.

Sounds like he did nothing more than an eye exam, put it down as exactly that date and eye exam.

Not a doc or AME, but from paying attention to the various threads and discussions, likely the OP just needs the examining doctor to write in plain english what the OP came in for, what was done during the exam, the findings, that no bad stuff was found, and no additional treatment or following is needed.

Get that to the AME, have him add that to the medical record, conduct his own exam, and you should be fine.

And as Dave said .... safety glasses!

Good luck with your eye.
It is baffling how I still have both of mine and most of my fingers, with all the stupid things I have done through the years.
Trying harder to just pop the safety glasses on every time I go in the shop or garage ...

Just don't "POP" them on

That's all you need: "Sorry Doc, I just popped the SAFETY glasses on and jammed the temple arm right into the eye"
:(

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back