Question About Vaccines

pookies

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
pookies
I'm getting all my vaccines in order to start nursing school this summer. It has come to my knowledge that I was given the Td instead of the Tdap. What do I do about this? My last shot was on 4/2 and it was the second Varicella dose. Can I just go and get another Tetanus with the Diptheria? Do I have to wait another 28 days?

I'm getting all my vaccines in order to start nursing school this summer. It has come to my knowledge that I was given the Td instead of the Tdap. What do I do about this? My last shot was on 4/2 and it was the second Varicella dose. Can I just go and get another Tetanus with the Diptheria? Do I have to wait another 28 days?

Shouldn't be a problem. Tetanus and Diptheria vaccinations are against the toxoid (toxins) that those germs make, so its not a live germ/virus vaccine.

Varicella should be dosed at the same time as other live virus vaccines (or those live virus vaccines should go 28 days later). Since DTaP are not live virus vaccines this is no factor.

Ref:http://www.immunize.org/catg.d/p2011.pdf

Congrats on joining the profession.. I've been a nurse for 12 years and a paramedic for 20... Its a lot more stable that many other fields out there.. And will be until past your point of retirement.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back