Question About Upgrading From 3rd Class to 1st Class

A

A Friendly Guest

I currently have a 3rd class medical that I've held for almost three years. I've had to provide documents regarding using accutane and an anti-depressant, but I was still issued a 3rd class without a special issuance. Now I have to apply for a 1st class medical, and my question is will I have to go through any deferment in order to obtain a 1st class medical? I haven't had any changes in my health since my last medical exam.

If your certificate doesn't have an end date, e..g "not valid for any class after....__/__/___" then you can be issused in the office any certificate for which you otherwise qualify....

If your certificate doesn't have an end date, e..g "not valid for any class after....__/__/___" then you can be issused in the office any certificate for which you otherwise qualify....
Gotcha. I know that I need to put down "previously reported, no change" on the medexpress form, but do I also need to put down the reference numbers in the comment sections?

You received a letter with your issuance. Bring that with you!
Gotcha. I'll put down previously reported no change and I'll bring my approval letter to my appointment. Thank you for your time!

Back