Question about the seemingly unscheduled things at Osh

SixPapaCharlie

May the force be with you
Display Name

Display name:
Sixer
I'm taking my dad to Osh this time and trying to make sure he sees some of the unusual things.
I have been a couple times and there are things that I don't see on a schedule anywhere.

Example: The Waco w/ the turbine or the twin yak.
Airshows are a dime a dozen but these little unusual things that make you look up and go what the ****? are really cool and I think dad will get a kick out of that sort of thing.

How do I know what will be in the air and when with regard to the non epic itinerary stuff?

Thanks.

Not what you asked, but the best presentation for us last year was by Kirk Lippold, Commanding Officer of the USS Cole. He details the events leading up to and including the attack on his ship. A search on the EAA website shows he will be back and presenting on Tuesday morning this year. It's called Decision Making in Crisis. Well worth your time!

If you want times for airshow acts, the only way I know of is to check the office in the NE corner of exhibit hanger D. They post a list in the morning for each day.

Not what you asked, but the best presentation for us last year was by Kirk Lippold, Commanding Officer of the USS Cole. He details the events leading up to and including the attack on his ship. A search on the EAA website shows he will be back and presenting on Tuesday morning this year. It's called Decision Making in Crisis. Well worth your time!

I happened upon this presentation by accident a couple of years ago coming in a back door to find something else - and I agree with your assessment. And I think that is partially the answer to Bryan’s question - most of the really cool stuff I’ve found has been totally by chance. For me, Oshkosh is like a treasure hunt...or Costco.

Back