question about info on VRF sectional

Badger

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Badger
at KIXD there is a 7,000-15,000 notation. KIXD looks like normal class D.

What does this 7,000 - 15,000 mean?

Attachments

• KIXD.jpg
    KIXD.jpg
    793.8 KB · Views: 82
See the light blue arrows going SSE? Those are the traffic corridor altitudes departing Kansas City.

Last edited:
See the light blue arrows going SSE? Those are the traffic corridor altitudes.

LOL, I didn't even see them.
So the 7-15k indications really doesn't have anything to do with KIDX (just location of the printing)

LOL, I didn't even see them.
So the 7-15k indications really doesn't have anything to do with KIDX (just location of the printing)

Nope. Nothing to do with IXD. Look at some other TACs and you will see a lot of them pointing to and from the Bravos.

THIS.

And I think you're looking at the Kansas City TAC, not the standard sectional.

It's a screen shot from ForeFlight, so you are correct, when I zoomed in, it went to the TAC. thanks

at KIXD there is a 7,000-15,000 notation. KIXD looks like normal class D.

What does this 7,000 - 15,000 mean?

It's an IFR Departure Route, associated with the light blue arrowheads to the right. Note that it appears on the Terminal Area Chart, not on the sectional. Has nothing to do with KIXD

Normally jets, especially when the winds are out of the south will use one of those paths to exit the bravo. Only useful if you intend to be at those altitudes as well.

Pan to the left just a little, and look to the west, lear LWC. You'll see the arrival route.

edit: This is one area where a paper chart is better than the zoomed in electronic version - you can see more and get it all in context.

Last edited:
Back