Que por aquí se lee en español?

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
Anyone good at reading Spanish?

I have a document I'm creating that I plan to have American (Texan) on one side, and the same info in Spanish on the other.

Using some online translators, I've created my Spanish version. But I'd appreciate someone reading it to make sure the translation is accurate.

Attached below are the two documents.

My email is sales at dentonautosalvage dot com if someone wishes to contribute corrections via email. Assistance will be rewarded with discounts from my business (used auto/truck parts)

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• Transmission Tag - Large, 2-side, English.pdf
    75.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Transmission Tag - Large, 2-side, Spanish.pdf
    78 KB · Views: 20
Hi Mike,

I have a good friend who is fluent in Spanish and if no one helps you out by tomorrow afternoon - I'll run it by her.

J

Thanks Jeanie.

And you're right about "Texan," I need to update it and drop a few "howdy's!" and some "y'alls."

Last edited:
I speak semi fluent Spanish. I'll take a look at it next week when I am sober. El Sac Arrow limpeador del la cocina y bano mañana

Hell, I'm still trying to learn English. 51 years and counting...

Anyone good at reading Spanish?

I have a document I'm creating that I plan to have American (Texan) on one side, and the same info in Spanish on the other.

Using some online translators, I've created my Spanish version. But I'd appreciate someone reading it to make sure the translation is accurate.

Attached below are the two documents.

My email is sales at dentonautosalvage dot com if someone wishes to contribute corrections via email. Assistance will be rewarded with discounts from my business (used auto/truck parts)

Thanks for the help!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'm sure the on line translation worked just fine...

Take the Spanish version, translate it into French. Then translate the French version to English. Is it even 10% correct?

Sorry I can't help. I do pick the Spanish option on the self checkout scans at the store, but I don't understand a word beyond "Gracias por comprar en Meijer" (looked up the spelling)

The sad thing is that you actually have to tell people stuff like that...

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'm sure the on line translation worked just fine...

Take the Spanish version, translate it into French. Then translate the French version to English. Is it even 10% correct?

Interesting question.

So I typed in the old saw "now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country" in dictionary.com's translator. Went to Spanish then French then back to English and it came out "It is now time for all good men to help their country."

Not bad.

And

"I would like a sirloin steak, medium rare, asparagus with hollandaise sauce, and mashed potatoes." run through the same wringer comes out the other end as "I want a steak, medium rare asparagus with hollandaise sauce, mashed potatoes."

Last edited:
I just took a fast look at it, and parts of it are pretty good, but on other parts the translation is a little strange. At least it is to me. To tell you the truth, there are some words in there that I've never heard of before, but that doesn't mean that they are wrong, it just means that they aren't used in any conversations that I've ever had. The thing is, your audience is probably Mexicans, Puerto Ricans, and Central Americans, not Spaniards. It is the same language, but there are differences in word usage. I'll be glad to take a closer look at it. I'll send you a PM later and try to help.

Max

Last edited:
With my limited fluency of Spanish I'd say it's kind of bad.

"POR FAVOR LEA ANTES DEL LA INSTALACIÓN"

Should be de la, not del la.

"LISTA DE INSTALACIÓN E INSTRUCCIONES"

Would just write "INSTRUCCIONES PARA LA INSTALACIÓN".

"FALL DE LAS TRANSMISIONES DE LAS RAZONES DEL CAMPO COMÚN DESPUÉS DE LA INSTALACIÓN"

Fall is not a Spanish word. The sentence in particular is really bad. Try "LAS RAZONES MáS COMUNES QUE LAS TRANSMISIONES NO FUNCIONAN DESPUÉS DE INSTALACION" (The reasons most common that tranmissions do not function after the installation).

"PREPARE LA TRANSMISIÓN DEL INTERCAMBIO PARA LA VUELTA DE LA CORE"

Confusing. Try "PREPARE LA TRANSMISIÓN USADA PARA LA DEVOLUCIÓN DE LA CORE"? (Prepare the used transmission for the returning back of the core).

This is just the headings.

Last edited:
With my limited fluency of Spanish I'd say it's kind of bad.

"POR FAVOR LEA ANTES DEL LA INSTALACIÓN"

Should be de la, not del la.

"LISTA DE INSTALACIÓN E INSTRUCCIONES"

Would just write "INSTRUCCIONES PARA LA INSTALACIÓN".

"FALL DE LAS TRANSMISIONES DE LAS RAZONES DEL CAMPO COMÚN DESPUÉS DE LA INSTALACIÓN"

Fall is not a Spanish word. The sentence in particular is really bad. Try "LAS RAZONES MáS COMUNES QUE LAS TRANSMISIONES NO FUNCIONAN DESPUÉS DE INSTALACION" (The reasons most common that tranmissions do not function after the installation).

"PREPARE LA TRANSMISIÓN DEL INTERCAMBIO PARA LA VUELTA DE LA CORE"

Confusing. Try "PREPARE LA TRANSMISIÓN USADA PARA LA DEVOLUCIÓN DE LA CORE"? (Prepare the used transmission for the returning back of the core).

This is just the headings.

I would rather say: "PREPARE LA TRANSMISION VIEJA PARA SU DEVOLUCION". "Core" is not a spanish word

Re: core

The word in the parts world is referring to the dead/damaged part that is being replaced. Frequently, it has some value and I require it to be returned as a condition of the transaction.

I used "core" in the Spanish version as a Texicanization since many of the audience knows what that is when that are at my counter and we are conversing in American.

If you guys have a better Spanish word for this concept, please advise.

Back