Qantas to start DFW-Sydney A380 Flights

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
http://www.dallasnews.com/business/...comes-first-mega-jumbo-jet-to-dfw-airport.ece

Pilot Ambassador John Travolta was present for the media event.

But what is up with that beard? Not quite the Sweathogs or Howard Saint (Punisher) look I usually equate with him.

NB_29QANTAS5_40044403.JPG

110302mag-john-travolta-kotter1.jpg

punisher-travolta_1082075342.jpg

Re: Quantas to start DFW-Sydney A380 Flights

Ooch, that's a long flight. I flew from LAX to Sydney (and back) about 20 years ago, and it didn't seem like it would ever end.

That was on a 747-400, which took the better portion of forever to load. I have to think the A-380 is worse.

Ooch, that's a long flight. I flew from LAX to Sydney (and back) about 20 years ago, and it didn't seem like it would ever end.

That was on a 747-400, which took the better portion of forever to load. I have to think the A-380 is worse.

I did that flight shortly after the Sydney Olympics and you're right, it did take a long time to load.

I think the A380 operators do it more efficiently with multiple lines and sky bridges.

I'm hoping with winter coming on Qantas and Emirates will be used the east side STARS and STDs getting in and out of DFW. I want to get a look at those bad boys and I live in Plano.

The 380 is a much nicer plane to ride than the 744. I did a 744 JFK-LAX-SYD last year. Long ride. I caught up on my sleep.

What must be mentally disturbing is to spend >16 hours on the plane and get off at roughly the same (local) time as you left.

http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=YSSY-kdfw&MS=wls&DU=mi

Happens all the time if you go to China (PEK, etc). The PEK-ORD flights arrive before the local time at which you left.

Going to be catching an A380 here in a few days for the first time too :D

I flew the A380 from IAH to frankfurt last year, wasn't so bad compared to the twice monthly Turkish Airlines 777 flight from IAH-IST that i now take:mad2:

I was playing golf next to the approach end and watched it land. That thing was so big and close, I felt like I could reach up and slap it a high five. Made pretty much everything else landing look tiny. I'm impressed.

That's a long flight. I've done LAX-SYD, ATL-JNB (Johannesburg), JFK-NRT (Tokyo-Narita), JFK-TLV and they were all long flights.

Here at home KODO, Quantas 7 floats overhead and eastward every day just after lunch. On a clear day, it is easy to see the 4 engine B747 painted white with a red tail begin the letdown to KDFW. Just beautiful.

I was playing golf next to the approach end and watched it land. That thing was so big and close, I felt like I could reach up and slap it a high five. Made pretty much everything else landing look tiny. I'm impressed.

It doesn't fly. It just thinks it does... kind of like your helicopter.

IAD-NRT is 12 hours flight time and 12 hours timezone shift. Going out you get off a few minutes before you left. Coming home you lose a day.

Of course Qantas could have used this mascot...
8068-15562.gif

Back