Q in filling up 8710-1

WannFly

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Priyo
i need to fill up the said form and meet up with the FSDO inspector (No i am not in any kind of soup), but the just looking at the form gives me a headache.

especially the section of logged flight hrs in XC section. it asks for solo flight hours and then PIC flight hours.. gawd i dont know, my log book only has solo/PIC combined column and i dont know which flight i tool solo vs had someone with me unless i go over every line in the log book and try to find out.

can i just ball park it? i have rest of the numbers, just the solo vs PIC XC breakdown is something that will take me hrs...

thoughts?

i need to fill up the said form and meet up with the FSDO inspector (No i am not in any kind of soup), but the just looking at the form gives me a headache.

especially the section of logged flight hrs in XC section. it asks for solo flight hours and then PIC flight hours.. gawd i dont know, my log book only has solo/PIC combined column and i dont know which flight i tool solo vs had someone with me unless i go over every line in the log book and try to find out.

can i just ball park it? i have rest of the numbers, just the solo vs PIC XC breakdown is something that will take me hrs...

thoughts?

Why are you filling out the form? The reason I ask, if not for certification, you don’t need to fill out the hours section.

Why are you filling out the form? The reason I ask, if not for certification, you don’t need to fill out the hours section.

change of citizenship, happened like 18 months ago... been sitting on it and procrastinating. it is not for any certification. i was hoping to get both done with my IR... but i am excelling in the procrastination department o that one too. if i dont have to fill up hrs ... i can use my rest of the sunday ... well procrastinating

change of citizenship, happened like 18 months ago... been sitting on it and procrastinating. it is not for any certification. i was hoping to get both done with my IR... but i am excelling in the procrastination department o that one too. if i dont have to fill up hrs ... i can use my rest of the sunday ... well procrastinating

You’re not required to fill out the flight time portion on that. It is encouraged, but not required.

As others have mentioned there’s a number of scenarios where FAA says you can fill it out but you don’t have to.

The only benefit to filling it out in those cases is that anything you entered is able to legally be used to help you when logbooks are lost.

Also if you ever get around to putting everything into one of the many electronic logbooks, they almost all have an 8710 button you can just hit and copy the numbers from your phone into IACRA.

It doesn’t even have to be completely filled out for a rating. It’ll whine at you if you missed putting in something required for that particular checkride application. You can save a lot of time just filling out minimum squares and then seeing what it whines about. :)

Thanks Nate @denverpilot . i use Garmin Pilot and the auto logging feature, one of these i will have to transfer all my time before i started using GP. for now i am going to fill up the form to the best of my knowledge and go from there. just updated the paper one from the online one in case someone needs to take a peek at it

Thanks Nate @denverpilot . i use Garmin Pilot and the auto logging feature, one of these i will have to transfer all my time before i started using GP. for now i am going to fill up the form to the best of my knowledge and go from there. just updated the paper one from the online one in case someone needs to take a peek at it

Hmm I don’t remember if GP has a helpful 8710 mode. I don’t keep logbook data on any EFBs. The EFB developers are always going to see logbook code as a side project.

Back