PVcs

U

Unregistered

During a phyical last week, I had a string of Premature Ventricular Contractions. I wore a heart monitor over the weekend. There has been no diagnosis made as yet. Is this something that should ground me?

Cautious

It depends on what you mean by "a string of PVC's". Everyone has occasional PVC's and less than 6 in a minute is considered normal (or at least was back in the late 70's when I was learning that stuff). 6 in a row, however, is called Ventricular Tachycardia and is considered bad. Wait for the results. If your doctor feels the need to refer you to a cardiologist you might consider self-grounding. If a cardiologist feels the need to treat the PVC's then you should self-ground.

Barb Miller AME (but I'm not a real doctor, just a surgeon)

One Short said:
It depends on what you mean by "a string of PVC's". Everyone has occasional PVC's and less than 6 in a minute is considered normal (or at least was back in the late 70's when I was learning that stuff). 6 in a row, however, is called Ventricular Tachycardia and is considered bad. Wait for the results. If your doctor feels the need to refer you to a cardiologist you might consider self-grounding. If a cardiologist feels the need to treat the PVC's then you should self-ground.

Barb Miller AME (but I'm not a real doctor, just a surgeon)

Dr. Barb, thanks. Now I'll fret until my doctor gets the monitor results read. In the exam room when he told me I should wear the monitor, there were six or more PVCs he pointed out to me on the strip of EKG tape. However, he DID refer to them as PVCs. I thank you for the advice and will be self-grounded. I get a physical every year. This is the first time this has happened.

Cautious

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back