Put On Your Thinking Caps - Weather on my Planes Stereo

Sticky1

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Sticky1
I renently installed a pioneer AVH-P5900DVD cd/radio/7"screen type deck... I want to get xm or serris weather reports. Can this be done..? If so How..?

the real reason for the installation is to watch the 4 cameras I have installed. But hell why not weather..?

I renently installed a pioneer AVH-P5900DVD cd/radio/7"screen type deck... I want to get xm or serris weather reports. Can this be done..? If so How..?

the real reason for the installation is to watch the 4 cameras I have installed. But hell why not weather..?

I believe that Pioneer sells an XM adapter that would give you audio weather channels for select cities, but I don't think there's any practical way too display XM aviation weather on that unit. You could get a WxWorks XM Wx receiver and connect it to a hidden computer and use the Pioneer AV unit as the display, but you'd also have to rig a way to control the computer.

BTW, there are significant airworthiness issues WRT installing an automotive AV receiver/display in a certified airplane (no problems if this is in an experimental though). You may also find that it interfere's with navigation and comm on certain frequencies.

Gotta Love those experimental planes.......

I think your best shot would be to contact WxWorx and see if they sell a developer's kit / API for their receiver. You might be onto something here.

Back