Push to talk switch

swingwing

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Swingwing
What is the cleanest way to install a permanent ptt switch on a mid-seventies Cessna yoke? I don't like the slip over covers or the Velcro type.

Depending on the age of the plane, a small sheetmetal plate can be attached to the back of the yoke with the coiled cord going through the panel beneath the center of the yoke. No drilling is necessary, other than the little holes to mount the plate and clips for the cord.

The S-Tec autopilots come with the blank plate, and the owner drills the necessary holes for the specific airplane being retrofitted. My plate has four buttons. One for PTT and three for autopilot modes.

What is the cleanest way to install a permanent ptt switch on a mid-seventies Cessna yoke? I don't like the slip over covers or the Velcro type.

I had the velcro switch on my 172 when I bought it, it drove me crazy. The local radio shop installed a simple plate and a switch in a comfortable position on the wheel. The kids will be using it this weekend so I will take a picture when it's in the hangar, then i'll have them post it here.

Kevin

Back