Purdue University Annual Fly-In Breakfast

HPNPilot1200

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Jason
For those in the midwest area that are interested, we will be hosting our annual fly-in breakfast in West Lafayette (KLAF) on Saturday April 14, 2012. Additional details are included below. If you plan on stopping by, please PM or email me ahead of time and I will give you a personal tour of our aircraft and facilities. Our Phenom 100 should be on display outside hangar 5 which I would be happy to show you.

Saturday, April 14, 2012 (7am - 12pm)

Fly-in or drive-in to visit the annual Purdue Fly-in Breakfast.
Admission:

• $8 Adults

• $5 Kids under 12
DRIVING DIRECTIONS:
TAKE I-65 TO EXIT 172. TURN WESTBOUND ONTO SR26. FOLLOW THROUGH PURDUE CAMPUS (6 MILES). TURN LEFT ON AIRPORT ROAD.

My dad keeps trying to convince me to attend Purdue University. It would be cool to check out the school and aviation in the area. I know my dad would love it if I went, I just might be there! I'll see if I can get a tour of the campus on that day as well. Do you attend school there? Do they have a NIFA team?

I just put it on my calendar. I'm based out of the Champaign, IL (KCMI) and hopefully will be able to attend.

My dad keeps trying to convince me to attend Purdue University. It would be cool to check out the school and aviation in the area. I know my dad would love it if I went, I just might be there! I'll see if I can get a tour of the campus on that day as well. Do you attend school there? Do they have a NIFA team?

I went there. Feel free to PM me with any questions, it's been a few years, but I love to talk about it. I did not major in flight, but I left with a commercial and CFI (MEI, actually) so I'm very familiar with the FBO's flight training and Purdue's aviation program. They do have a flight team.

Sure thing. I do attend... graduating in May. We have a NIFA team and lots of other student organizations on campus. Feel free to PM for more info. I would be happy to speak with you.

My daughter is in the middle of her second semester there. She's not taking any aviation related stuff but they do have an aviation program. There's also a nice FBO with flight training that's unrelated to the college's operation (which I'm told is kinda pricey). As far as my daughter is concerned the advantage of having an airport on campus (it's truly just a long walk from her dorm and the campus buses do go to the main terminal) is that she knows her dad is happy to bring her to/from school in the plane (a 2.5 hr flight vs a 10 hr car ride or a 15-20 hr bus ride).

Just realized I can't make it. :( April 14th I have an event I have to go to with my NIFA team. Will there be any more of these fly ins? Otherwise I will just plan a campus tour unrelated, but this would've been more fun. Also-- does anyone know if they have an equestrian team there???

Just realized I can't make it. :( April 14th I have an event I have to go to with my NIFA team. Will there be any more of these fly ins? Otherwise I will just plan a campus tour unrelated, but this would've been more fun. Also-- does anyone know if they have an equestrian team there???

No worries! I don't think there will be another fly-in until the following April but feel free to stop by campus anytime! We do have an equestrian team but I don't know much about it. http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~pihc/

No worries! I don't think there will be another fly-in until the following April but feel free to stop by campus anytime! We do have an equestrian team but I don't know much about it. http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~pihc/

That is awesome!!! I didn't think you guys had one. Thank you for finding that. Once I get my PPL then hopefully I can make a trip out there myself. :D

Cool! I'm out of here in May but feel free to send me any questions you have.

Thank you! Might make it there before May but who knows. My check ride is only two days away.... :eek:

If I have any questions I will send them your way. After talking with a couple people and doing more research I am starting to sway more towards Purdue. I guess the deciding factor is what I ultimately decide to major in. And whether or not I want to stay in California. And also if I plan to join an equestrian team- I'd want it to be NCAA. Ahh. Sometimes I think I am way too indecisive. :confused:

If I wake up early enough I might get down there.

Back