Purchase agreement signed

Wow, sorry to hear that but sounds like you got out of a money pit.

Was this plane "air-worthy" and flying prior to the pre-buy? Sounds bad.

What's next? New plane from factory? :yes:

It was deemed airworthy, but again, that's why I hire my own mechanic and do my own prebuy inspection. There are good planes out there.

Depending on the cost of a 100hr inspection it may be easier to 'rent' the plane to a few people you trust and keep them on the insurance for a fee. I remember hearing that the insurance cost is based on least experienced pilot, so it may not add much cost depending on who it is.

A friends mooney has a clause that any pilot with 250TT and 25 in type is insured when they fly. (I can get details if you want)

I flew a 6-300 for the first time a couple weeks ago and it was great. Seeing that fuel flow around 20 in the climb shocked me at first, but at least you can carry twice the load of a 172 or similar.

You are not required to do 100 hrs inspections to rent your airplane. Only flight schools who rent their aircraft for flight training have to do 100 hr inspections. Even if you leased back to a flight school they do not use Cherokee 6 for flight training so it wouldn't apply.

You only need do annual inspections.

Back