Pumpkin Drop Contest at KSET: October 29th

flygirl34q

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
-
This Saturday is looking fabulous in the Midwest, so let's all do something fun up in the air and don't waste it! :D Here is just one idea...

<----- CLICK HERE for Details! :D

Just don't diss PETA (Pumpkin Ethical Treatment Authority) over that.

Last edited:
I'll be taking photos documenting the event so you (and PETA) will see that everything was on the up and up!

"This year’s event will be held in conjunction with the CAF’s Corvette car club event"

Moving targets?

Lynn, I was at the CAF fuel pit and saw you take off. That airplane is hard to miss! Hope you guys had fun.

Last edited:
As god is my witnesss, I thought pumpkins could fly.

Just got home today and am doing a memory card dump of both my cameras. Mike, Alan, Teddy, and I had a fun time yesterday! Saturday was definitely the better day for the event... a crowded pattern and a busy ramp rocks! :D I flew past KSET on my way home today and it was way less busy and less festive with the B-25 gone and also the 99's, EAA Chapter 32, and the Corvette Car Club. I am happy to report that my chef's dessert won first place and $100.00 in the dessert competition though... and that almost paid for my fuel tab this weekend! I'll have to post some photos once I see if I got any really good ones of the B-25 dropping pumpkins!

IMG_3289.jpg

Last edited:
How many pumpkins did the B-25 drop?

Not sure of the exact total... but the B-25 was busy all afternoon giving rides and then I saw several passes where 10-15 pumpkins were released with smoke to give them better visibility from the ground. When I left about 4 or 4:30pm, there was still fun with pumpkins going on with 172's doing the "bombing" runs over 18/36. :goofy:

Back