Pulse Oximeter at Costco for $39 shipped

At that price you can't afford NOT to have one. Assuming they work.

Walgreens has one for just less than $30.

We need to link to them in the pee thread for their little wiener cover just before the oximeter.

I've also been reading about pulse oximeters recently. I opted for this model for the data logging capability.

What do you guys think of the finger versus wristband types? Or any other types?

What do you guys think of the finger versus wristband types? Or any other types?

I'm no expert but that never stops anyone...

Anyway, I know that the hospitals and respitory doctors that my father went to all used oximeters that went on his finger, including the overnight monitor and the monitor he had in ICU. So I figure the finger oximeters are fine.

I got mine at something like $22 at Amazon, and I specifically selected one sold by Amazon and not one of associated sellers. It works just as fine as the $39 one, and since my wife has Prime, shipping was free. Of course it does not have a data logging function or such, but I suspect the $39 one does not either.

I have a cheapo Amazon one that goes on my finger. I don't keep it there for the whole flight, I just do periodic checks. It works just fine and I am happy with it.

Indeed it's a little hard to read in direct sunlight, but if your other hand is not busy holding a camera, there is no problem brining it up close.

I've also been reading about pulse oximeters recently. I opted for this model for the data logging capability.

I got that one too, but the battery is dead and I can't find the cable. Did yours come with a cable? It may not have, and I may just be foolishly looking around for something that never existed to begin with. I think it's Mini-USB or Micro-USB or something.

I got that one too, but the battery is dead and I can't find the cable. Did yours come with a cable? It may not have, and I may just be foolishly looking around for something that never existed to begin with. I think it's Mini-USB or Micro-USB or something.

Yes, mine came with a mini usb cable.

I've got one that's 15 years old (Nonin). Cost $500 -- purchased just after the requirement to produce a valid Rx was removed
Tells me that I have SPO2 on the ground of 75
Methinks I need a $22 replacement ...
Looking forward to Pireps :)

Make sure you buy the right one, I noticed that a LOT of sellers mis-represent their products when it comes to pulse-ox.
For example, I ordered one from Amazon with an alarm. Received one without (they advertised the wrong model). Took a while to get our money back. Ordered another one from a reputable seller instead, works like a charm.

Are there any places with "real" reviews that actually show the accuracy of some of the cheaper pulse ox sensors?

I've seen some on-line for <$20. Normally, I'd think that you get what you pay for.

Got to admire a man who has the ambition to come here, register, and revive a 5 year-old thread just so he can spam the site with his first post.

Winning friends and influencing neighbors the PoA way!

:rofl:

Got to admire a man who has the ambition to come here, register, and revive a 5 year-old thread just so he can spam the site with his first post.

I love necroposts. It proves the topics never ever change. :)

Oh snap, I didn't even notice, wow. (wait, do kids still say "oh snap" these days or did that change again?)
Troll? Oh yeah, what else? Still got only that one single post. I wonder which PoA member the moderators would find if they cross-referenced the IP address. ;)

I think I'll create a new CompuServe account and log back into some of the old list serve threads I was in to do the same thing...

Maybe one of those 1985 "Mac vs. PC" threads should do...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back