Puerto Rico Pet Shelters need help

Mistake Not...

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Mistake Not...
Passing this along for a friend. I'm not sure there's much we can do, but maybe someone can help.

I know this is a long shot but I am reaching out to our amazing supporters and adopters.... we are looking for pilots who MIGHT be able to charter a plane or might have their own plane...and help us by flying to Puerto Rico to help us rescue the poor animals. I just heard from the director of All Sato Rescue whom we've worked with for almost 20 years and they still don't have power and cell service is spotty. Today is the first time since the storm hit we've heard from her....

The fosters/shelters/rescuers all have countless numbers of animals they've been caring for that were abandoned and homeless that desperately need to be taken OFF the island.... there are several shelters in NE and even in MA that rescue satos and would be willing to accept the pets once we can get them off the island.... we have already tried reaching out to all the major airlines and national rescue organizations who do disaster rescue to no avail
GUL5KNMrC_hsEpjRuW0UJouE-NBqm6NPCJzwM_G3LQbVEdMseml1ApxIG9HzDRrTj_1z99W7Ab564JC6os3IgjAPo4APPVellqfacdUIGRN11-HFbWPCiQ=s0-d-e1-ft
:( no one is able to provide us much info on what is being done for the people and pets we love so very much...

pls share far and wide and if anyone can help us brainstorm other ideas pls contact me directly at Leigh Grady Exec Director leigh13@ix.netcom.com - if there was ever a time we could use the help from our shelter friends it is now.... we have so many lives counting on us.....
2LFpsQdqF9qVw-9P2xd_5cy5lzU7ByK3T_MKiPGvXNJPSJXiTHcWlcdb3FN9_g5urDtHV8rFO38Pq6zInRftS7AGEcNzb_WidouMLL0BymjK2DBtJjQ7aA=s0-d-e1-ft

https://www.facebook.com/groups/706387322775178/permalink/1465954073485162/

This is something that @Ted DuPuis will have both experience and network contacts

There's a lot of complexity going on here, and one can't just fly down as I understand it. I was talking with another organization who is flying down there, and they've had to get special approval to even fly into Puerto Rico, and then additional special approval to fly animals out without health certificates (which is normally not allowed, but in this case they are getting special permission due to the circumstances).

I've been in talks with several groups about flying down to the area but have nothing firmly scheduled yet.

Back