Puerto Rico options for sightseeing flight?

BearFly

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Philip
Hello
Anyone from PR or know of a decent place to fly with an instructor for an intro/ sightseeing flight?
I am a student pilot and headed there in a couple weeks for TG family vacation and thought it might be fun to check it out. I believe we will be in the Rincon area and i know there is an airport in Aguadilla.

Thanks

Over in Rafael Hernandez Airport (TJBQ/BQN) in Aguadilla, there's a couple CFIs flying in and out of the Wasco Aviation ramp (no 100LL at COPECA from my understanding), at least as of my last visit home in April. Flight school goes under the name Air Puerto Rico Corp, active on facebook as of this writing.

Back in my college days I used Isla Grande Flying school in TJIG (Isla Grande, in the San Juan Bay) for my intra-island recreational flight for my first post PPL checkride flight back home. Fairly painless experience as far as the checkout was concerned, but for an intro or sightseeing flight it should work just as well.

Yeah Rincón is a popular Anglo enclave. AirBnB galore. Enjoy the trip.

Just got back late last night. Great trip. Awesome place but i never connected with Air Puerto Rico Corp. for a flight. Didn't get an immediate response to my email a week or so ahead of the trip, then i got FB message reply. Said they were full up. Then an email reply said the same but they would try. Also mentioned they do not rent out aircraft without one of their CFIs along. Wouldn't have been issue for me of course. I tried to scope out a Heli tour while i was down there, but looks like most operate out of San Juan area.

glad you enjoyed it! thats too bad you werent able to get up flying though. if you ever come back, send me a message. I will gladly take you flying! I just didnt see this post in time...

Absolutely that would be awesome and hopefully i will make it back soon.

Back