Pueblo - Sat, Feb 20

murphey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
murphey
Altho it's been open for a few weeks, the restaurant at Pueblo is having its grand opening this Saturday.

20 cents off fuel at Flower
Free admission to the Weisbrod Museum (5 min walk from the terminal)

Here's the current list of Colorado POA

agflyboy
AirmanG
Apelsin Elise (Alex)
bjc-cherokee
bonker
bushy mustache
cbmontogo
clark1961
coflyboy
colopilot
ColoradoJoe
copperblu
cowboynjco
denverpilot
dhindmanjr
e-pie
ejensen
eric
everskyward
eyeflying
FOXMIKE
G K
gauzeguy
gkainz
jayhawk
ionosphere80
izzydogg
jjflys
john_at_salida
l8evator
LBCAK
Luigi
madriverman
mtn2skies
murphey
O-200
peevee
pikespeakmtnman
pilotalan
pilotod
sportpilotco
stagecoachco
steve
Tom F.
V1-Vr-V2
> Boulderick
> Coloradokevin
> overdrive148

don't forget the newbies:
> Lachlan
> rachelk.tailwinds

And the folks still trying to deny they know any of us, and have never been to Colorado. * We still claim them (no matter how loudly they refuse to be associated with us!)

* midlifeflyer
* teller1900
* random
* LoneAspen

> new members we just noticed

Last edited:
Will be flying for other reasons...

Add coloradoKevin as well...

I wont be able to make it, too far from FoCo :nonod:

I should also be on the list of CO pilots...JohnWF of Salida (RV-6A/RV-12)

Add coloradoKevin as well...

I wont be able to make it, too far from FoCo :nonod:

The northern Colorado rumor that the world ends on the south side of the springs just isn't true...

I always thought it ended at C-470.

almost ... since I have to drive one exit further south to get to my office, I can attest that is does not end there. Oh, and Cabela's extended it one more exit south! :)

I always thought it ended at C-470.

While parochial positions exist, finding paved and passable routes south from C-470 is not only problematic-free, they are commonly and extensively traveled by the common man and woman. Not only this, but if one avails themselves of airborne transport, there are literally a zillion potential pathways for the northern reaches of Colorado to the fabled destination of PUB.

Any protest of the travel to PUB causes the mind to boggle, perhaps even multiple times.

Co-owner also texted and wants to go, so if I don't show up because I'm eyeballing the sick dog, 79M should still be there.

I told him I'd happily play passenger and play with Stratux if the dog gets better.

Altho it's been open for a few weeks, the restaurant at Pueblo is having its grand opening this Saturday.

20 cents off fuel at Flower
Free admission to the Weisbrod Museum (5 min walk from the terminal)

Here's the current list of Colorado POA

agflyboy
AirmanG
Apelsin Elise (Alex)
bjc-cherokee
bonker
bushy mustache
cbmontogo
clark1961
coflyboy
colopilot
ColoradoJoe
copperblu
cowboynjco
denverpilot
dhindmanjr
e-pie
ejensen
eric
everskyward
eyeflying
FOXMIKE
G K
gauzeguy
gkainz
jayhawk
ionosphere80
izzydogg
jjflys
john_at_salida
l8evator
LBCAK
Luigi
madriverman
mtn2skies
murphey
O-200
peevee
pikespeakmtnman
pilotalan
pilotod
sportpilotco
stagecoachco
steve
Tom F.
V1-Vr-V2
> Boulderick
> Coloradokevin
> overdrive148

* midlifeflyer
* teller1900
* random
* LoneAspen

* we still claim them (no matter how loudly they refuse to be associated with us!)

> new members we just noticed

:(

:(

You forgot Nick?! LOL! Ouch.

Doggy, nothing conclusive. He's resting after sub-cu fluids, a B12 shot, and barfing up half a bowl of water, and then finally holding down some chicken, rice, and water. Vet wants to see him first thing in the morning, so I think my day tomorrow is blown.

Say hi to 79M for me and Capt. Barry. Someone pat my little red airplane on the nose for me. :(

Had breakfast at FTG, did a little cleaning at the hangar, went home, cleaned up dog poop in the back yard. When the FBO takes the flags down due to high winds, I'm not going flying.

Thought about taking the dog and a kite to the park, but it's too windy for a kite!

Fair enough. Apparently 40 aircraft or so braved the elements and survived, from initial reports. But then again, you ARE based at FTG... Heheh.

I launched from Centennial for this event in my RV-8 but after cracking my head on the canopy twice in 10 minutes I turned back. Too bumpy and I figured it would only get worse.

I launched from Centennial for this event in my RV-8 but after cracking my head on the canopy twice in 10 minutes I turned back. Too bumpy and I figured it would only get worse.

Interesting. I say so because of where I was all day (home)... Out a little further east here it was gorgeous and nearly zero wind all day.

We're the bumps over the Palmer Divide or up against the foothills? Which route were you taking?

I had all sorts of aircraft going over, of the weekend warrior varieties, today. Frankly it was killing me, since I had to keep one eye on the dog all day. (If you're wondering where we are, find the little dot that says "settlement" on the VFR chart about 10nm northeast of the town of Elizabeth. Haha. I like being in an official FAA "settlement". Nice of them to notice us. Ha.)

Flyingwise, today was an improvement over yesterday, or the day before...

Interesting. I say so because of where I was all day (home)... Out a little further east here it was gorgeous and nearly zero wind all day.

We're the bumps over the Palmer Divide or up against the foothills? Which route were you taking?

I had all sorts of aircraft going over, of the weekend warrior varieties, today. Frankly it was killing me, since I had to keep one eye on the dog all day. (If you're wondering where we are, find the little dot that says "settlement" on the VFR chart about 10nm northeast of the town of Elizabeth. Haha. I like being in an official FAA "settlement". Nice of them to notice us. Ha.)

How is the furry one today?

How is the furry one today?

He's eating small amounts of wet food, which is good. He won't touch kibble. And he isn't doing his number two thing yet.

Vet is much less concerned now that he started eating again but he's still worried about some sort of obstruction with his history three years ago of having ingested something that almost didn't pass.

He also has lost a number of pounds that we hadn't noticed until he was weighed yesterday. He's been as high as 85, and he weighed in at 73 yesterday when we arrived at the Vet.

He was mildly dehydrated so that counts for some of it. But not all.

Sucked down a bunch of water last night, ran around and threw it all up outside. Then ate a very small amount and more water and that stayed down. That was the beginning of "better". This morning more water and a little food. And this afternoon a pretty good amount of wet food (mostly water). Vet wants us to try some chicken and white rice so that's currently being cooked up for late dinner.

He ran hard today, chasing the neighbor dogs on the fence line and chasing a ball, so no pain or he doesn't care. Not sure.

His sister is ecstatic about the "diet change" since she's getting a little bit of all these goodies too. Haha. She's in dog heaven.

Generally we'd expect if he had some sort of complete blockage that he would feel really bad by now, so the behavior stuff says he's okay, but just waiting on the Midnight train from Georgia... Haha.

What a way to spend a weekend. As long as the weekend doesn't end in emergency bowel surgery, I'd say we're doing good.

I think we'll see if the "Train" is made of solid gold at this point. With a full barium X-ray series, it'll be worth about $500. LOL.

The chicken, rice, kibble, and yogurt mix apparently gets a thumbs up.

7c05e5b8a21b3a5d797c4c60f256c36a.jpg

That's his second full bowl of food in about four days, so we're glad to see him chowing on it.

It was dead calm on the ground. Things got bumpy about 1,000' AGL. I turned around about 5 minutes after passing Elizabeth.

Hopefully it's much better today. I plan to take my RV up in a couple hours.

Maybe my old eyes are going bad, but I couldn't find your settlement on SkyVector.

Last edited:
It was dead calm on the ground. Things got bumpy about 1,000' AGL. I turned around about 5 minutes after passing Elizabeth.

Hopefully it's much better today. I plan to take my RV up in a couple hours.

Maybe my old eyes are going bad, but I couldn't find your settlement on SkyVector.

Need to be at the TAC level, not sectional.

Attachments

• n.jpg
    n.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 17
So I'm going to shamelessly throw this out there for the Denver folks: if you ever feel like having someone in the right seat, I can make myself available. :yes:

Got it! Pretty cool. Next time I go up in that direction I'll buzz it.

Haha you and everyone else. Folks trying to stay under the Bravo choose 6500... Note the height of the tower just to my west.

They're not exactly 1000 AGL above our little "settlement" but then again, one could argue that we aren't "dense population" either. :)

Always someone going somewhere out here. The Centennial folks pass over headed in and out, the F-16s from BKF visit pretty regularly, the Army Guard guys in the Blackhawks train along County Line Road, and then there's the north-south transients, and when DIA is landing north, we're under the angle for the intercept for the ILS. Lots of plane watching out here.

On a nice day, keep an eyeball out for traffic coming out of Everitt there. Not a lot of traffic but it's active. One of the Jepp execs lives there and back before the fatal accident that killed the guy who pushed hard to get it to be a popular fly-in community, they'd hold an annual open-house. We've had the 182 in there with permission a couple other times besides the open houses also. Runway is pretty rough, prairie "tufts" plus dirt, I'd call it. They were going to grass seed it the year he died, and I haven't checked to see if they did, but it would need a lot of irrigation to survive out here.

There's also a couple private helipads out here, one charted, but I've never seen any traffic to or from them.

And someone has prior permission of the rancher to the north to do bounce and goes off of his hill with a Super Cub that has tundra tires on it. That's fun to watch. I think maybe it's a Carbon Cub doing demos out of Everitt. Can't tell. Too far away to get the N-number. I just like watching them bounce around up there off of my front deck.

Although I did not go, as a guy holding a fresh ticket I would be interested in being added to the list of Colorado pilots.

Add me to the list, too! I couldn't make it last weekend but I'm always looking for places to go and things to see.

Well it's a week late but I'm headed down there today. Don't even know if they're open on Sunday but needed to go flying and figure it's as good a destination as any.

Of course, went to open the hangar door and keys are in my other jacket at home. LOL.

Co owner was coming over to get numbers from the airplane book and grab the trash out of the hangar trash can, so he's kindly going to save me a 50 minute round trip to go get my keys. LOL.

Back