Public transportation to NYC

igor

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
igor
Does anyone know which one of the NJ airports close to NYC have public transportation options into the city? Mainly CDW or N07, or even TEB? I have an option of getting a ride tomorrow night, but need a way to get back into New York. Thanks.
________
No2 Vaporizer

Last edited:
CDW does I believe, and you could also catch a cab from ISP. From TEB it's a short walk (or the FBO will give you a lift) down to the bus (#9 if I remember correctly) into the Port Authority.

Thanks - I thought so too for the CDW but I gave them a call and they said the bus station was at a nearby mall. Isn't TEB a pain to get in and out?
________
Herbal vaporizer reviews

Last edited:
TEB is a pain, and it's expensive; but the bus is only a short walk and it goes straight into the Port Authority Bus Terminal. Midtown in the blink of an eye, but I'm sure you'll have to pay through the nose at Teterboro.

I don't know anything about Linden except that I think it's a cab ride away from the NJ Transit train in Rahway (?) and that also goes into midtown (Penn Station). I think it would be a better bet, but I've never tried it.

ISP has plenty of cabs a-waiting, and is a short ($20) ride to the Long Island RR -- the primary commuter line from LI into Manhattan.

I'm guessing this would be the same for FRG...?

Yep FRG is also about a 5-10 minute drive away to the LIRR.
Not sure what a cab ride would be but probably around $20.
I was able to get the FBO to drive us there and pick us up on return.
Tipping the driver both ways was probably cheaper than a cab ride one way.

ISP has plenty of cabs a-waiting, and is a short ($20) ride to the Long Island RR -- the primary commuter line from LI into Manhattan...

There's a shuttle from ISP to the LIRR station. IAIRC it was around $20.

We flew in on SWA.

It's a nearly a 2 hour train ride on the milk run during the daytime.

Last edited:
It's a nearly a 2 hour train ride on the milk run during the daytime.

I think the shuttle takes you to the Southern or central Line, which has express and local service.

Local will be a LONG ride....

IMHO, the trains are nicer and faster on the Port Jeff (northern line)

FRG or HPN are both good choices, depending on where you're going. I've never used any of the Jersey airports heading into NYC. HPN you can get a ride to the Metro North station, or they'll rent you a car for about $35 for the day. Hard to beat that, that's what I think I'll do from now on if I fly into NYC (which is rare).

FRG or HPN are both good choices, depending on where you're going. I've never used any of the Jersey airports heading into NYC. HPN you can get a ride to the Metro North station, or they'll rent you a car for about $35 for the day. Hard to beat that, that's what I think I'll do from now on if I fly into NYC (which is rare).
Last I heard, the FBOs are no longer offering a ride to/from the train at HPN.

White Plains (HPN) is my favorite, and I commuted weekly to NYC from upstate NY for 11 years. It's been about a month but Millionaire (formerly Westair) provides rides to the MetroNorth for free. Panorama also used to provide this service. Avoid Signature. It's a 35 minute ride on the train to Grand Central from there.

TEB is near the bus stop to the Port Authority, but I find TEB to be pretty unfriendly to pistons, and expensive, so I usually go to HPN.

CDW is near a bus and the FBO will give you a ride, but the buses are relatively infrequent.

FRG is near a train and the FBO will give you a ride.

ISP is also on a train but it's quite a bit farther out than FRG with no advantages.

Linden looks close but the transportation options from there are harder, although a cab ride all the way into the City might be feasible (I've never done that though).

White Plains (HPN) is my favorite, and I commuted weekly to NYC from upstate NY for 11 years. It's been about a month but Millionaire (formerly Westair) provides rides to the MetroNorth for free. Panorama also used to provide this service. Avoid Signature. It's a 35 minute ride on the train to Grand Central from there.

TEB is near the bus stop to the Port Authority, but I find TEB to be pretty unfriendly to pistons, and expensive, so I usually go to HPN.

CDW is near a bus and the FBO will give you a ride, but the buses are relatively infrequent.

FRG is near a train and the FBO will give you a ride.

ISP is also on a train but it's quite a bit farther out than FRG with no advantages.

Linden looks close but the transportation options from there are harder, although a cab ride all the way into the City might be feasible (I've never done that though).

Good info, Bob -- thanks!

Did you commute by air from upstate?

Back