Public ADS-B Performance Report - Where Did I Go to?

Daleandee

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Dale Andee
Recently I asked for a PAPR report for a flight. My ADS-B has been flawless for over two years so I was surprised to see a "BAlt" failure on the report. A few others using a EchoUAT unit have seen this and a simple change in the settings via Wi-Fi using a smart phone or tablet takes care of it.

I made the necessary changes and went and flew about 40 minutes taking in a tour of the countryside and the lakes near where a family member lives. As soon as I landed I sent a request for a PAPR and in a few minutes received an email saying no flight for that day was recorded. :dunno:

So today, a few days later, I asked for a report again for the same day and shazam! ... there it was and no errors were found with the ADS-B system at all. :happydance:

Anyone else experience anything like this? I have my transponder certification soon so I was wanting to be sure all was operating as it should. :ihih:

It often takes up to 20-30 minutes for a flight to propagate through the system to yield a report. It has been much better lately than back in 2019-2020, but it can still take some time.

It often takes up to 20-30 minutes for a flight to propagate through the system to yield a report. It has been much better lately than back in 2019-2020, but it can still take some time.

Thanks for the reply. I figured that was the cause and that's why I resubmitted that same flight later on. But at first I wondered if my resetting my Echo unit had caused it to not show up on the system. Just a heads up for others if they should encounter the same scenario.

Back