Psychiatric Evaluation - Who do I go to?

S

Sammi

Hi,

I have gone to an AME who unfortunately filed all paperwork up front prior to really discussing my case and the possibility of LSA (which I was considering). So here we are, and my medical was denied with the option to pursue as long as I complete a current psychiatric evaluation. No mention of HIMS which I see on other threads here (I am not 100% sure if a psych eval and HIMS go hand in hand or not). The flag was due to atypical treatment of anxiety/depression since I was on medications during a specific time in my life and through medical professionals was taken off of them once no longer needed. I don't think there is a real issue with my health, more of a hoop to jump through, but I am at a loss for how to locate a psychiatrist who knows how to handle the evaluation paperwork needed by the FAA. Is there a list somewhere? Would prefer not to go to another AME and get referred, since I already have gone to an AME and paid for that part. As for my AME, he is not willing to recommend any psychiatrists, just says I need to handle it and find one.

Where are you?

I can recommend a few near Chattanooga.

There is a list online somewhere. You need a HIMS qualified AME, I’m pretty sure, but on the surface you are correct, it’s not necessarily a HIMS thing.

And there are some to avoid...

Where are you?

I can recommend a few near Chattanooga.

There is a list online somewhere. You need a HIMS qualified AME, I’m pretty sure, but on the surface you are correct, it’s not necessarily a HIMS thing.

And there are some to avoid...

Any recommendations would be welcomed. Live in Michigan but may have to travel to get things done correctly and avoid future issues with the application.

Bascom Bradshaw in NE Alabama.

Thanks! I did see him listed on here. He seems to be an AME who would then refer you for other evaluations, correct?
Not just that... but also supply your with honest and solid guidance on how to proceed.

Any recommendations would be welcomed. Live in Michigan but may have to travel to get things done correctly and avoid future issues with the application.

Bolingbrook IL, where Dr. Chien is, is not so far from there.

In the meantime, my FAA medical information page also has some information and pointers on this.

http://tinyurl.com/faaMedicalInfo .

Sorry the original AME handled this poorly.

The flag was due to atypical treatment of anxiety/depression since I was on medications during a specific time in my life and through medical professionals was taken off of them once no longer needed.
Out of curiosity, how did the FAA learn of the medications you were once on but no longer are?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back