Pssst, so you want to fly a B-25?

G

gunnyperdue

Ok, I know some of you guys have flown everything, seen everything, heard everything... and have the T-shirt to prove it.... some of you are even skeptical by the mere suggestion that we are offering folks the chance to fly a B-25... after-all, you could buy one... when you win the lottery... or after you marry the rich widow/widower... or you could put one together from spares.... or you could crew on one with a private owner or join the CAF and throw a bunch of money and time at one... some of you might even think this is a shameless plug (how else can I tell you how cool this is, that there is even a chance of doing this... BTW a shameless plug will be when I give you an autographed copy of my book after we fly... how's that for a plug?)....

The truth of the matter is that you can fly the Pacific Prowler... yourself, in the left seat, for at least 2 hours and a half dozen landings... or you can come and log a half hour, or an hour of dual... to build time toward the next time... where else can you get a chance to do this... who would be crazy enough to let folks in off of the street to fly the B-25... right away...

Well, the Pacific Prowler is... we enjoy sharing the shear joy and thrill of cobbing the power on 3400 horses and blasting off on another mission.... you can't match this 'E' Ticket ride... you will fly from the left seat... you will have the time of your life... come and join us in Fort Worth and let your dreams take flight...

Of course the down side is you'll have to fly with me... I don't yell or scream... promise... I'm having too much fun!

Check us out at www.pacificprowler.org ... if you do the SIC course you'll get a type rating and a BFR... without taking a checkride!

gunny

Isn't there someone here who has done this? Dave S maybe?

1. Mr. Perdue: Welcome to PoA!

2. Dave Siciliano indeed did it, and was suitably glowing about th experience. Perhaps he'll chime in...

3. I can't afford a B25 SIC just now, but one a these days, I need to get some of the Gunny Perdue unusual attitude training about which I have heard so very much (in fact, tell us a little bit...);

4. Can the '25 land on 3,200 feet of excellent grass? www.gastonsflyin.com

1. Mr. Perdue: Welcome to PoA!

2. Dave Siciliano indeed did it, and was suitably glowing about th experience. Perhaps he'll chime in...

3. I can't afford a B25 SIC just now, but one a these days, I need to get some of the Gunny Perdue unusual attitude training about which I have heard so very much (in fact, tell us a little bit...);

4. Can the '25 land on 3,200 feet of excellent grass? www.gastonsflyin.com

I am happy to operate on 4,000' grass or paved... but 3,200' is a little short... no room to handle possible problems....

When I do stalls in the B-25 we spend a good amount of time getting the feel for the critical AOA and stall recovery... I think it is a lot of fun. The Unusual Attitude Training still exists... but we lack a suitable airplane... when I can get a good platform I'd be happy to begin training again... in the meantime I'll take a shot at any questions you might have.

gunny

Sounds like a terrific opportunity...

Couldn't find a price on the web site though.

Ernie

Click on "You Fly the Prowler." On the lower right side of the next screen if you click on the down arrow next to where it says "Select," you will see a list of options with prices, for example $1490 for a half-hour.

I am happy to operate on 4,000' grass or paved... but 3,200' is a little short... no room to handle possible problems....

When I do stalls in the B-25 we spend a good amount of time getting the feel for the critical AOA and stall recovery... I think it is a lot of fun. The Unusual Attitude Training still exists... but we lack a suitable airplane... when I can get a good platform I'd be happy to begin training again... in the meantime I'll take a shot at any questions you might have.

gunny

COWARD!! Jimmy D flew off a carrier deck and you're afraid of a 3200' strip????

KIDDING - great, compelling offer Scott. Hope you hang around the board more, I've always enjoyed your writing. The B25 is my dreamship for personal ownership of a warbird, but without a mx team to take care of 2 radials, it'll have to remain so. I guess I'll just have to fly with you instead.

COWARD!! Jimmy D flew off a carrier deck and you're afraid of a 3200' strip????

KIDDING - great, compelling offer Scott. Hope you hang around the board more, I've always enjoyed your writing. The B25 is my dreamship for personal ownership of a warbird, but without a mx team to take care of 2 radials, it'll have to remain so. I guess I'll just have to fly with you instead.

Thanks for the vote of confidence! The B-25 is a hoot... a perfect warbird to share with a bunch of friends... as for MX, we are working on the airplane virtually all the time... she just likes lots of attention.... that's why it's best to come and fly with us... all the fun without getting your hands dirty (of course you do get to pull the props through... a right of passage<g>).

gunny

Back