PSA - Pt. Mugu Air Show 3/18 - 3/19

I'm thinking about hitting the airshow. I haven't been since I left the area in the early 90's. Anyone know if the TFR for the Point Mugu airshow will cover Camarillo airport? I'm thinking about flying into KCMA on Friday, hitting the airshow on Sat, and flying out on Sunday. I just don't want to get stuck with a TFR covering KCMA as well.

There's no NOTAM for a TFR (yet). Since Mugu has their own permanent restricted area, I'd be surprised if they even had a TFR. Pretty sure it won't impact CMA or OXR if there is one, though.

C.

I'm thinking about hitting the airshow. I haven't been since I left the area in the early 90's. Anyone know if the TFR for the Point Mugu airshow will cover Camarillo airport? I'm thinking about flying into KCMA on Friday, hitting the airshow on Sat, and flying out on Sunday. I just don't want to get stuck with a TFR covering KCMA as well.

There's no NOTAM for a TFR (yet). Since Mugu has their own permanent restricted area, I'd be surprised if they even had a TFR. Pretty sure it won't impact CMA or OXR if there is one, though.

C.

You should be OK with KCMA and/or KOXR.. There is also KSZP... Send me a PM if I can help with logistics..

You should be OK with KCMA and/or KOXR.. There is also KSZP... Send me a PM if I can help with logistics..

Thanks for the info. I've done a trip from KGEU to KCMA in late 2022 and had a pretty good experience. My Dad is in Newbury Park, so KCMA is easiest. Still not sure if we're going to head out or not yet.

The TFR just popped for the Point Mugu airshow. Just barely missed KCMA, so I think I'd be good to go. Now to watch the weather.

Back