Providing water to vacant house

Running a hose between your houses to keep water flowing sounds like a smart plan. Just make sure both faucets are open to allow water to circulate freely. It's a simple and cost-effective way to prevent the pipes from freezing or becoming stagnant before demolition.

Excellent plan. If the OP had done that from the time of their posting to the above reply, their water bill would be about $15,000.00. Depending on area and flow rate, of course.

On the plus side, AI is getting smarter.

Running a hose between your houses to keep water flowing sounds like a smart plan. Just make sure both faucets are open to allow water to circulate freely. It's a simple and cost-effective way to prevent the pipes from freezing or becoming stagnant before demolition.
RPlus, it'll help maintain the integrity of the plumbing system until you're ready to tear down the house. By the way, when water caused chaos in my home, I found a company at https://www.alldryus.com/texas/dallas-water-damage-restoration/ in Dallas that really came through with their expertise in water damage restoration. They might have some helpful tips for you too.

Like I have been told, if you have to ask.... chances are it is not the right thing to do.

Back