Props to Bad Elf, the iPad/iPod GPS guys

ChrisRikli

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Chris
So I ran my Bad Elf through the wash. Contacted the Bad Elf guys basically asking them if there was anything I could do to fix it. Answer was no, of course, but they gave me 20% off a new one even though it was clearly my bad.

Great service, which is pretty dang rare these days.

How do you like the bad elf?I am considering bad elf or dual for the iPad using Foreflight.

How do you like the bad elf?I am considering bad elf or dual for the iPad using Foreflight.

For the same price the Garmin unit taps into twice the satellites(GPS + GONASS) and has way better battery..it DOES work with Foreflight...but they may not have the same customer service...

So I ran my Bad Elf through the wash. Contacted the Bad Elf guys basically asking them if there was anything I could do to fix it. Answer was no, of course, but they gave me 20% off a new one even though it was clearly my bad.

Great service, which is pretty dang rare these days.

Just becareful with the new Bad Elf Pro. It over heats if placed on top of the glare shield and shuts down and can't be turned off. You can turn it off with the secret hand shake of holding the power button for over 10 seconds. They are aware of the problem and are working on a fix or a recall.

Gene

They did that? Really? I called them and asked about a manufacturing defect because my Bad Elf wouldnt' stay in the slot, it would fall out. They suggested a rubber band to hold it in.

I purchased the new Garmin Glo and it works great but doesn't work with Cloudahoy yet. Since I'm still a student I use Cloudahoy every flight but don't have much of a need for Foreflight yet. So I returned the Garmin for the Dual unit. Just got it so I don't know how well it will work yet.

Back