Proposed new rule(s) to Rules of Conduct

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the proposal. There is too much diatribe and too many non-sequitors. Can we not have the moderators focus us on flying activities?

Black people call you a cracker, that's a bad thing. Florida calls himself one, that's okay. :dunno:

Ugh, I think I'm gonna be sick. I googled "Florida Cracker" wondering what it might actually mean. Read this little plaque.
Doesn't take a big stretch to figure out how white people got this nickname. :(

Edit: I also read a lot where it means a bunch of stuff but this was the one that made me go "yuck"

I-130208-01_State_Fair-54_Cracker_Name.jpg

Last edited:
By the way. If The MC were already allowing us to play "who gets voted off the island this month", you'd get my vote with that post. Even Ben hasn't topped that one.

Well, okay, maybe he did with his n***** rigging comment a few months ago.

You brought the acronym up first. I didn't say anything like it or even refer to it any of my previous posts.

Like Louis C.K. said.... YOU put it in my head, why don't you just say it! :dunno:

If anyone should be voted off the island, you outed yourself. Do you just assume everyone from TX is racist?

What is so "yuck" about a cowboy?

Oh nothing at all, I have NO KNOWLEDGE TO BACK UP WHAT I AM ABOUT TO TYPE.

That said. I always thought they called my people (hehe) that because we were white like crackers.

Never once occurred to me the sound of a whip might have something to do with it.
And it may not but that is what I started thinking after reading that. I hope it is not true.

Here forward I will imagine the following.
for-web4-e1358203971539.jpg

It's amazing how far off-topic the arguments can get on PoA.

This is as close as I could find to reinforcing your stereotype:

PROBLEM:

Motor-vehicle crash rate comparisons by age and gender usually are based on the extent to which drivers in a particular age/gender category are themselves injured or involved in crashes (e.g., the number of 20-year-old females in crashes). Basing comparisons instead on the extent to which drivers in various age/gender groups are responsible for deaths (including themselves) in their crashes is more revealing of their overall contribution to the problem.

RESULTS:

When all crashes were considered, both the youngest and oldest drivers were most likely to be responsible for deaths in their crashes. In two-vehicle crashes, the oldest drivers were more likely than young drivers to be responsible. Young males were more likely than young females to be responsible for crash deaths, whereas females in their 50s and older were more likely than same-age males to be responsible. In terms of responsibility for deaths per licensed driver, young drivers, especially males, had the highest rates because of their high involvement rates and high responsibility rates. The majority of deaths for which young drivers were responsible occurred to people other than themselves, especially passengers in their vehicles, whereas the bulk of the deaths for which older drivers were responsible were their own.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14733986

Damn punk kids.

Not too surprising really. Insurance companies usually get it right since they're paying, and the rules for getting a young driver insurance have changed drastically since I was young. Rules for other drivers and rates haven't significantly changed.

Black people call you a cracker, that's a bad thing. Florida calls himself one, that's okay. :dunno:

Florida Cracker has a different connotation when used as a combined phrase. It referes to someone with a long Florida heritage, I have heard it called 10 generations.

Ugh, I think I'm gonna be sick. I googled "Florida Cracker" wondering what it might actually mean. Read this little plaque.
Doesn't take a big stretch to figure out how white people got this nickname. :(

Edit: I also read a lot where it means a bunch of stuff but this was the one that made me go "yuck"
I don't understand the "yuck" factor here.
That is the definition I grew up with for Cracker.
That is the definition our Florida Cracker" described here several months back.
I see nothing yucky about it. I see a lot more yuck when people assume it is a racist comment about white people. But even that bit of ignorance doesn't bother me.

I like the sirloin hamburger patties from BJs. I'm believe Costco has something similar. They're 1/3lb and don't shrink up so much. A good burger needs decent fat content. Use the big Sara Lee or Pepperidge Farms buns. Top it with some raspberry chipotle sauce for good measure.
Being allergic to chipolte, I'm fond of gorgonzola. Not to be confuse with Gonzaga. Or Gonzo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back